Tattoos

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Miissy, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Miissy

Miissy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Random topic, but I just wanted everyone's opinion on tattoos on girls. Is a tattoo on the lower back really that bad? Isn't it just the same as a ton of guys having a tat on their arm?

I just got on on my lower back, but it actually means something very deep to me. It isn't just a pretty flower or something, yet all my friends are calling me a tramp, but I am far from one. Haha

Whats your opinion on it? Where is a good spot for a tat on a girl? I always hear that the lower back and front hip is just bad, but there isnt really anywhere else. To me the arm and back looks too masculine.

Thanks!

2. dmac

dmac Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Hey, it's your body and if you want a tat it's your business. As for the tramp thing, the street slang for a tat on the lower back is a "tramp stamp".

Definition: Beginning in the late 1990s the lower back tattoo became popular, especially among young women. Lower back tattoos are often oblong in shape, following the slope of the back on either side of the woman's spine. The lower back tattoo is body decoration, sometimes intended to emphasize sexual attractiveness. Generally, a lower back tattoo will be designed to emphasize the shape and curvature of the female figure.

While such tattoos have become popular in recent years, in many parts of the world, they are sometimes derided as suggestive of promiscuity or as associated with Raunch Culture,[1] and sometimes pejoratively referred to as "tramp stamps," "arse antlers," or "slag tags".

That being said, my wife has both a tat on her lower abdomen and a "tramp stamp". Kinda sexy if you ask me. Hey I love that tramp. Ha!!!
    Anyway to each his own. If you like it show it and be proud. My two cents worth.
    Dale

3. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with dmac. I too have heard the "Tramp Stamp" term for that particular tattoo, but I dig it.

The wife has three (as do I) and is considering a fourth at the nape of her neck, below the neckline. She doesn't have one in the particular area you are talking about. But I wouldn't discourage her from getting one there is she chooses to.

D's tats are on one thigh and the outside of each leg, above the ankles.

The only discouraging thing that I have heard about tats on the lower back of women is that there was some discussion about it affecting epidurals during childbirth. Not sure if there was definitive proof or not on that though.

4. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    have never heard of that term, but hey if it has a personal meaning to you, then screw what everyone else says

5. Miissy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the replies! After I got it, everyone looked at it and didnt say anything else but tramp stamp. I immediately got upset and regretted it. BUt its true, who cares what they have to say. :)

Zibbyzap: Uh oh, I'm going to go look into that. Never heard that before.

6. Miissy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just googled it myself. Ha! It sounds as long as the tattoo isn't fresh... aka healed, that there isn't anything to worry about.

Can't say that I know of too many women who are getting tattooed while pregnant though. Particularly late term. A fresh tattoo is probably the last thing on their minds at that point.

Sounds like the biggest worry out of this is that anesthesiologists are concerned about piercing the tattoo and leaving a scar on it.

8. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just a matter of opinion, but I'm not a fan of tattoos on anyone....just something about them....not for me....but hey, if you like it and it means something, then by all means do it :cool:

9. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What??? Someone who not only performs MMA, but is a fan and not into tats. Isn't that sacrilegious? It's almost like a player being drafted into the NBA without a tattoo! :lol:

The most important thing to remember about getting tattooed is that eventually you will grow older. How will you look years from now with your tattoo? When the tattoo has significance as Miissy's does, then there's nothing to worry about.

I have also found it important to have my tattoos in places that are easily concealed... if I choose to do so.

Don't pull a Mike Tyson. Ha!

10. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HAHAH hey some of the biggest names in MMA don't have Tattoos (Matt Hughes, Randy Couture...just to name a few) but I get your point....most of them do :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice