TATTOOING IN CANCUN?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by shauny, Mar 8, 2007.

1. shauny

shauny Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone like steve or anyone whos been to cancun alot know of any licensed tattoo places that are pretty good and cheap? im thinking of getting another while out there?
    thankyou
    shaun

2. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What you getting?

3. shauny

shauny Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im looking at a flower
    under my arm next to my bicep like a hawaiin flower

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shauny,

Try Monster tattoos.

Not my thing but I know several people who speak very highly of their work.

5. shauny

shauny Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THATS AWESOME THANKS! jason just told me about them aswell and hes thinking of getting another so im down and even kristi is thinking of getting one more lol

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow..A tatoo in Mexico...

7. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A word of advice from someone who has more tattoos than I should have.......... Dont get it while on vacation if you want it to look good a year from now. The biggest enemies of tattoos are sun, saltwater and anything abrasive (like sand). The first 6 months after getting a new one, you should do everything possible to keep it hidden from the sun. Thats kind of hard to do in Cancun.

There may be some quality places down there, but the risks of damaging a brand new tattoo or getting it infected are pretty high.

Just my two cents there. I would just hate to see you get a nice new piece and have it look like shite when you get home.

8. shauny

shauny Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i was thinking of getting it last day before i leave as i thought sun and the water wouldnt be the best and i didnt wana be strolling around cancun with a bandaged up arm all week

9. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had my tattoo inked end of January last year, and it faded soooooo badly when I went to Cancun, so this is great advice...

Yes, last day would probably be ok I would think.... To my opinion anyway... A Tattoo from Cancun would be a memory forever lol.. Why didn't I think of that...

But

10. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A couple points of advice to make sure that you dont end up with an infection or anything. And this does not just go for Mexico, I always do the same thing here in New York.

1. Ask to see the tattoo needles in their sealed packages before they start working on you.
    2. Ask them to use new inkwells from a sealed package. Those are the little thimble looking things that hold the ink.
    3. Ask them to put on a new pair of sterile gloves when they start and every time they stop for a break.
    4. Buy A&D ointment here at home before you leave for the aftercare of the tattoo. Some places tell you to use a variety of different ointments like bacitracin, neosporin or even vaseline. A&D is the best thing for it. Apply it in a very thin coating every few hours for the first couple days.
    5. Get the phone number of the place doing the tattoo in case you have any questions or anything goes wrong.
    6. Take a photo and show all of us

All that may seem paranoid, but believe me, its better than getting an infection. I got a nasty skin infection after one of my tattoos that was pure hell. It was not through any fault of the studio, just bad luck. My arm swelled up to almost twice its normal size, I had a 104 degree fever, most of the tattoo ink got pushed out of my skin and I had to go on IV antibiotics. Plus I had to get the majority of the tattoo redone.

Just trying to help you keep safe and clean.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice