Tanning!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by HammieJ, Feb 27, 2011.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just giving you the facts as it applies in tropical climates. Case in point as to the success of the business her. And point if using protection isnt about buring or not. Its about skun damage, wrinkles and cancer. And the higher spfs i pointed out dehydrating children is based on pediatrition research and fact. But your right, to each his own.

2. WI_funsun_couple

WI_funsun_couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Finally toasted for 20 min and I can see the difference now under my arms. I just need to go longer. No more ice fishing for me after sat. 2 guys fell in where I fish. I was there on the first guy who was in 15' of water and just his head was bobbing like a cork. His buddy got him out before I could race there. 1 min in the water and he lost all ability to stand. Glad I had my atv to get him to shore 300 yrs away or it may of turned out real bad. Did find out that a 300+ guy weighs alot when he's soaking wet. Don't think i'll ever forget the look on his face. First time I got the willy's ice fishing after that. Wife was glad I told her I was done for the year. We're ready for cancun now!!! Counting the days. :daveandmo:

3. Kayditty

Kayditty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't forget the lips!

I find that I have to re-apply sunblock to my lips more than any other spot. And be careful of the limes that are served with your beer. If you get lime juice around your mouth or on your lips, those spots will burn like crazy - my husband learned that the hard way first time down. And when my lips burn, I look like I overdid it on a collagen injection almost to the point of being comical. I protect my face, neck and chest pretty well, mainly because I have seen old leather necks and I don't want one (vanity) but the legs - my theory is that if it is brown it can't be cottage cheese. Maybe chocolate pudding - but that is much more appetizing that cottage cheese....:aktion033:

4. StaceyJerseyShoreGirl

StaceyJerseyShoreGirl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    HA! I love that!

5. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kayditty - don't use sunblock meant for the skin on your lips. Gets a chapstick with SPF, preferably SPF30.

6. Kayditty

Kayditty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I usually use some type of lip treatment with the highest SPF I can find. Burnt anything doesn't feel good but burnt lips are especially unpleasant.

7. Country Cut

Country Cut Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice pretty tan vs. skin cancer or skin damage. That's kinda like a big juicy steak vs. a carrot. To each there on. Since I'm going to an adult only resort I would hope that everyone has enough of that other stuff.......whats it called.......oh commons sense to know by this point in your life how much sun you can take. Oh and some wise person, may have been the dali lama told me that if I was getting really hot move to the shade.......lol. Sorry just needed to add a little sarcasm to this overly serious thread.....lol....;P

8. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unfortunately Country Cut, common sense here does not exist for the most part. I work at two Adult only resorts and when I approach people, mostly who are fried, they don't wear sunscreen and could honestly care less about skin damage or cancer. I have talked to more then a handful of ppl, mostly men, say that if they died tomorrow of skin cancer, they didn't care. They lived a good life. They obviously don't have anyone in their lives that have suffered or died of this disease. Shame on them!!!!
    Most people who come here only care about bright sunny days so they can fry their skin for hours and hours everyday. As long as they do it using a good protectant and getting some cool off periods inside the resort, it's OK. But 9 times out of 10, that's not happening.

9. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I just think you have to die somehow. I'd rather die looking tan and hot in 2 years than live a pale life of 100. I don't want to live forever. Nothing past 34 or 35 lol. anything longer than that is just too damn long for my preference! :D

10. StaceyJerseyShoreGirl

StaceyJerseyShoreGirl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    OMG .... I am turning 35 in June, and I feel like I have my whole life ahead of me and that it is just beginning!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice