Tanning!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by HammieJ, Feb 27, 2011.

1. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    So for those of us who want to come back home from Mexico a very dark color instead of a very red color.... we tan before we go!
    Did anyone start tanning yet?
    How often a week do you tan?
    Any lotion recommendations?

I started tanning in January. I've only been like 6 times since... but starting tomorrow I will start going every other day, and possibly every single day as it gets closer.
    I use Pink Diamonds tanning lotion. It has a slight tingle. Some days I barely feel it, while other days I'm roasting it seems! I need to order more on Amazon(its wayyyyy cheaper on there). I'm running low though and don't think I have enough time to wait to order more.

2. NickandAsh

NickandAsh Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I started tanning about a 2 weeks ago (we leave on the 16th). What kind of bed are you using? I loooovvveeee Black by Designer skin lotion, but it's like 130 a bottle (can get it for 30 on ebay though!!)

Right now I am using some indoor lotion with bronzing from the Sally's Beauty Supply. It works alright. I like to alternate between using that for a few days and doing once with a sample packet of Black or Luminary. Queen Bee by Designer rocks too!!

Tingle lotions kick my ass though. They do work. But the warm ness and the redness after freak me out. Haha. I'm only going like twice a week but it is working so far. I hate how expensive lotions are!!

3. busymomof3

busymomof3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, just started tanning too. I just bought a lotion called "Believe in Me". My sister uses the "Worship Me". Seems to be working fine. I usually go for a few minutes and work my way up. I just hate laying in there, I get too hot!:icon_eek: LOL

4. maxsteel

maxsteel Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +205 / 0
    Started tanning about 1-2 months ago.
    Autralian Gold works fine to me.

5. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I was using Toffee by Hollywood Tans but I dont think they make it anymore.

6. Shazbot

Shazbot Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I usually just pass out and burn on the beach first day...sleeping with a/c on full and no blankets seem to help...but i have been practicing my drinking to avoid the passing out part:angrymad:

7. esteban

esteban Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is EXACTLY what I did the first year I went to Cancun. I NEVER want to do this again :lighting1:

8. maxsteel

maxsteel Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +205 / 0
  9. CPL_from_Boston

CPL_from_Boston Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hollywood Tans for us, started this past Saturday!! woo hoo

10. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I realized that as long as i tan about 10 times before i go, i wont get red while im there at all! I use SPF 30 in Cancun and 15 oil free on my face. last year I got sooooo dark! And I'm hardly Italian! lol. I'm Czech..... and most of us are pigmentally challenged! LOL.

I'm using a mixture right now. I used to use "toffee" by hollywood tans. It smelt amazinggg!!! Then I switched to Cocoa Butter by Hollywood Tans. Now I use Pink Diamonds. PD has a tingle.... kinda like the icy-hot feeling..... more like hot-hot.... lol. However, I'm used to the tingle now so I'm thinking about trying Black Diamond. Pink Diamond(PD) is a T2 tingle. Black Diamond is T10. lol. I think I'm going to cry the first time I use it! ROFL!

I hear Black 20x is AMAZING! There's no tingle at all. But it has silicone and all kinds of stuff in it. The lady told me it would even get me dark after ONE tan! I was like Me? are you sure about that? lol. I'm like milk! haha. Still have my tan lines a little bit from last years trip to Cancun. But at the salon Black is $107 USD. Online I found it for like $31. She said it leaves your skin feeling amazing! Better than a baby's bottom!

Today was tan 2 as of recently. First tan was yesterday. I did tan about 5 times in January though. :D I plan on tanning ALMOST every day for the next 20 days! Then I'm "chucking up the deuces" and heading to the airport to Cancun! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice