tanning salon in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, May 14, 2007.

1. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all! I found this old thread a few weeks ago when I was searching for a tanning salon myself, and I thought my new info might be helpful :)

I ended up using the one at Sport City, called Quicktan. You do NOT have to be a member of Sport City.

It costs I believe $150 pesos per session, but there are a variety of packages available with anywhere from 4 to 15 sessions, which can be used over the next 30 days. I asked for 4 sessions, which cost a little more than $400 pesos. My tan ended up really nice, but if I had more time I would have probably gone up to 6 or 8 sessions (I'm a tad pale)

They have lie-down beds and stand-up stalls. I recommend the stand-up stalls because it gave me a more even tan.

Sessions last anywhere from 8 - 12 minutes.

You do have to pay extra for tanning lotion (up to $30 pesos a session, I guess), but you might be able to just bring your own, I'm not sure.

The facilities were very nice!

My only suggestion might be to bring your own hand towel. I'm not 100% sure they were clean. :S They were either kind of old, or simply hadn't been washed.

I understand they also do spray tans.

Still, nothing beats that Jergens gradual tanning lotion they sell in the States! Has anyone found that here in Mexico???

2. Laurae

Laurae Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tanning Salon

Does anyone know if the Tanning Salon Quicktan is still open in Cancun

3. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was there a few months ago. I assume it's still open.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I asked a friend today, who goes to Sports City and she said the tanning place is still there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice