Tacos Rigo

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by HammieJ, Dec 30, 2012.

1. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I ate at Tacos Rigo last year and it was AMAZING!! not to mention their fruity little drinks they make. I was staying in Andalucia and my friend's sister drove her car there. This year I'll be back in the HZ and would loveee to visit there! Is there a bus that takes me there or should I take a bus to a certain point and then a cab from there on out? I think there are two of them but I really want to go to the one that I went to. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the street :( I do have pics from there though but not much of the street. :/

Any ideas?
    :soccer:

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Pelanque?

3. grubermexx

grubermexx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Take any bus downtown, get off once you see the chedruia supermarket and take a taxi, tell the driver "tacos rigo por la glorieta de la palenque"

Or

Any of buses that go to walmart, ask the driver to let you kniw when you are at avenida palenque....walk down palenque away from walmart, walk for 10-15 minutes and you will come to a big traffice circle, dont pass the circle, just bare left, you will see it there

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I know exactly where it is and how to drive there, no idea on road names or how to take a bus.

As grubermexx suggested, probably best to just get somewhere central and taxi it. Downtown taxis are cheap.

5. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Thank you!! :)

6. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I asked my friend from Andalucia and he said we went to the tacos rigo en las torres. Es lo mismo lugar o diferente?

7. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope, different one. The main one is an easy bus ride and few block walk. The second one probably would be an easy but longer bus ride if you knew exactly where to get off, but getting a taxi on Avenida Tulum would probably be most convenient.

8. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Ok. How much should I accept for taxi fare? I know sometimes they try to rip people like me off. :)

9. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure someone who is in Cancun now and takes taxis could give you the going rate for your typical downtown trip but the going rate last visit for me in November 2011 was 25 pesos per ride.

10. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The "starting fee" is now 25 pesos. Used to be 20 or 22, I think.

Take R-2 from the Hotel Zone, ask the driver to drop you off at Avenida Palenque. When you get off the bus, just walk into Palenque(your back should be turned to the bus you just go off). The walk is around 10 mins.

Follow Palenque until you reach a roundabout. On the opposite side of Palenque you should see a big "A"(Farmacia del Ahorro) - Tacos Rigos is next doors to the pharmacy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice