Taco Factory

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Rubble2240, May 13, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Naoautorizada,

A small point and no longer relevant but I found the operating hours in the Peoples Choice Guide. The restaurant in the HZ I found while wandering around in a stupor a couple of years ago. I used to eat all the time at the one dowotown but have been too busy sampling every hot tip I get.

Great suggestion about the updates of the book. The author's name is Eric and he posts as 212Eric. May I suggest you offer your comments and suggestions to him. He is also a tequila expert without peer. His current favorite is Corzo which I see at La Europea for $450 pesos per bottle. I cannot even spell connoisseur, let alone be one. I can get pretty messed up on and have a great time on Corralejo for about $20 and the bottle is really purty - very tall and deep blue. Makes a great gift and looks great in your home. An attention getter.

<info@peopleschoiceguide.com>

2. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I totally agree about Xtabentun. It's like right behind Slices. That little walkway between Dady Rock and Slices takes you there, or you can go from Slices the other way (the "back" way) and go through PCN. It's like right there. When I lived in Cancun (2002) I spent many a night after work at Xtabentun. Alot of us who worked at Slices, Dady Rock, and Coco Bongo met up there, so that alone has to say something of the place. We would eat and then go behind the Forum to watch the sunrise. At the time Xtabentun was open 24 hours, serving breakfast, tortas, fajitas, chips and salsa free, and served beer and limited booze all 24 hours as well. 40's of Sol were like $25 pesos. Killer tortas, and CHEAP (that's why I was there so much, and why I gained 25 pounds in three months.... Tequila/work, tortas & beer, sleep... repeat... :lol: ) The torta I always got was like $22 pesos. It was HUGE, like dinner-plate-size, and tasty as I said before. They sold packs of smokes and bottles of soda and water as well. I have always wondered since I left if it was still open. I didn't know it has been open so long. Definately worth checking out. I cannot say enough.

3. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last weekend (2 days ago) went to pick up teen agers from Dady at 2:45 AM and Tacolote was open and serving.

4. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Xtabentun.....great spot.

You can't beat late night, after drinking tacos !
    [​IMG]

5. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well c'mon now guys - it can't be open and closed at the same time.
    Eric, are you sure you were thinking of the same place?
    (Eric, were you capable of thinking when you were at the same place?? [and if so, why?? :wink: )

6. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Xtabentun also has one of the best jukeboxes EVER!

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great to hear they still do. Aaahhhhh good times........

8. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ana, there is no doubt that when I was there on May 10th, there was a for rent sign on El Tacolote. I also went into the farmacia that sits next door and asked not only about El Tacolote but about The Fiesta which is on the other side. The employees told me that both had been closed and their space was for rent... and went on to ask if I was interested in opening a club there because they can help get me in contact with the landlord? I thought that was funny ;)

The only thing that I could come up with is either (1) El Tacolote reopened between then and the time you were there, which would be awesome, or (2) you were actually at Taco Factory and are confusing the two establishments. Are either of those possible?

212eric

9. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can not be very accurate on what happened, I am sure I was not at Taco Factory but since that last ivist have not been there so I will wait for next weeken picking up daughters from Dady'O and come on with a more exact, to date status.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice