Taco Factory

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Rubble2240, May 13, 2007.

1. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Of we are talking HZ, and more close to Party Centre, there is a Tacolote with great tacos that cost about 1/4 less compared to TF

2. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ana,

Agreed about the tacos (& all the food - and the prices!) at Tacolate.
    But you cannot walk downtown from the Convention Center.
    (And I don't know that Tacolate's on Coba is open at 2AM or 3AM even if you take a bus)

Has Tacolates opened up a place in the HZ?
    Thx!

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Ana. Taco Factory may get the most pub from the Party Center late nighters but it is not necessarily the point of least resistance since it's pretty much around the corner from El Tacolote.

Naoautorizada - You don't have to go to Coba to find El Tacolote. It is about halfway down walkway behind DadyO's. I just looked it up in Peoples Choice Guide and it says they are open till 3 am in the zone.

PDG also says that TF is open till 3 am but it seems they are open later than that.

But to each his own. But to me TF is a ripoff, but not one with a monopoly on late night tacos.

4. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I very much agree about TF being a rip-off.
    That place is just too gringo for me.
    Clearly El Tacolote on the strip is yet another must-do stop for our next time there -- and very convenient as well.
    In a word - awesome.
    Thx Ana and Thank You TJ!

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really liked El Tacolote as well, in the Party Center however they are now closed I am sorry to say. I went by there two weeks ago and there was a for rent sign on the outside and it was all boarded up.

Another great suggestion for traditional MX Taqueria food that is located close by at Plaza El Parian across from Plaza La Fiesta outlet store is a restaurant called Casa Tequila. Not only do they have fantastic breakfasts, lunches and all kinds of traditional MX food, their tequila list is quite impressive.

Actually there is a place that I like better than Taco Factory called Xtabentun. This place has been in existence since the 70s, so you know they serve good late night/anytime post pub grub.

212eric

6. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hate it when that happens. That was a nice place in the HZ.

And Eric, will you be telling us the location of your more favorite place?

7. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi T.J., I don't like when that happens either, but there'll be many takers to take their place, I hope a better taker if that is at all possible for good ol' dependable MX food.

The establishment known as Xtabentun is located on the west side (lagoon side for lack of a better desciption) of Slices and Dady Rock. In fact, the alley that runs next to Dady Rock will take you there.

212eric

8. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was able to find some photos of Casa Tequila
    (click URLs to see then in new windows)

http://www.pbase.com/pinemikey/image/46409463

http://www.pbase.com/pinemikey/image/53970982

but none of Xtabentun.

BTW - Eric, are you certain that Xtabentun stays open late? What I was able to find on it so far implies an 11PM shutdown.

(You've got until Christmas to respond (as far as I'm concerned) so I wouldn't make it a priority - it's good to know at least that a trip to Tacolote in the HZ would have been futile. [Anyone know if the Tacolote on Coba stayed open, BTW?]

9. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tacolote on Coba is still open. Gene from Chattanooga went there Friday night. Sorry about the one in the zone. Shows you how much I hang out there.

10. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No need to be sorry.
    I didn't even know the one in the HZ existed until you found it in 'the Guide'.
    And we put a couple of other places on the map as a result.

Now if somehow we could get the author of the Guide to put recent updates on line, we wouldn't have that problem. That would be a good thing, don't'cha think. :) :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice