Taboo or not?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Atlsooner, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Atlsooner

Atlsooner Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is acceptable as far as going topless on the beaches? The wife wants to but is not sure. Thanks in advance.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Not acceptable on the public beaches. At the hotels it sort of depends. At the adult only ones, there is no problem. At the others, there may or may not be a spot that you can go topless without creating stir among those with children, no matter how old (as in some wife going off because her husband saw your wife topless), there.

So if she wants to go topless, best bet is to book at an adult only resort.

Jamie

3. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe it is illegal to go topless on public beaches in Cancun...and I believe ALL beaches in Cancun are public (aren't they???). But, I've seen topless sunbathers MANY times and from my experience, the law is generally not enforced.

4. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not really legal, but you won't get arrested or asked to put your top on on the beach, most of the hotel pools except for maybe the adult only places don't allow it.
    Depending on the time of year you visit, the summer months usually have more Europeans and South American tourists, there will be more topless sunbathers.

If she really wants to lay out topless, I'd recommend Playa del Carmen or Isla Mujeres.

5. Atlsooner

Atlsooner Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are staying at an "adults" only all inclusive resort. Grand Oasis Playa. She has thought about the idea, but only she knows.

6. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stay at the Golden Parnassus, and they allow ladies to go topless on the beach and at the pool. Being adults only, my wife has never had a problem and loves going topless when she feels like it. Which is most of the time :D

7. Summer

Summer Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Head over to Playa Del Carmen...for the topless beaches

Hey There!
    If you want topless beaches head over to Playa Del Carmen for an afternoon. It is only a short ferry ride and the beaches are great.
    Go early so you get a chair and umbrella. It is a very popular European vacation stop and loads of topless vacationers.
    Have fun!Summer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice