Swine Flu???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Greta, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As Dennis already mentioned:
    I'd be really pissed-off if I was denied the medical care that I already paid for in taxes... :shock:

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    got a message from him after he returned from Frogs last night....was barely legible haha I assume hes just fine

3. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did he go by himself?

4. UKLAD

UKLAD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    12 year old girl has got it in my home town in devon :shock: child died in texas today aswell :(

5. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Run thee end is nigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Wozza

Wozza Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's sad that poor girl has it but she will be fine with antibiotics. It's the people in Mexico that don't have access to medical treatment I'm worried for.

7. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    good man!! hahahaha

8. cindyb

cindyb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, she won't be fine with antibiotics!! Viruses are not living organisms like bacteria. Antibiotics have zero effects on viruses. Viruses are like more like genes. They are merely proteins by themselves but when combined with other living cells, they are capable of taking over or mutating cells' functions.

Unlike bacteria caused diseases, viral diseases are very difficult to cure. Either your body can produce the antibody or you can't. Bacteria we can kill via variety of ways. Virus, you'd have to either destroy or counter its effect. That's why vaccines don't work as simply as antibiotics. Vaccines don't kill virus. Vaccines train your body to create antibody.

The deadly virus ones are scary because it takes a long time (like years) to come up with vaccine for a new strain of virus and the vaccine method doesn't work on all viruses. Just look at HIV, its been decades, there is still no cure. Good thing HIV doesn't spread easier or kill faster than it does.

If you want to destroy the world, two of the quickiest ways are using nukes and engineering a fast spreading deadly virus.

I have no idea how deadly or spreadable the swine flu virus is though. Just from the stats I see in the news, it doesn't seem more fatal than normal flu. The difference is that there is no vaccine for the swine flu virus and there is no telling when we will. That's why the government and the WHO are spending a lot of money and effort on looking into this.

10. pdroo

pdroo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so right

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice