swine flu

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by paddyal, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddyal

paddyal Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can anyone help me . i am looking to find out is this swine flu going to affect my hooney moon in 7 weeks time. should i cancell it and rebook for another time.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You should wait and see what happens over the next two weeks. You will have more info to work from then. As of now there is no flu in Cancun, just perfect weather...but the best advice is to not panic and just wait and see.

3. stevesteve

stevesteve Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think 7 weeks a long time, and this thing will sort itself out. I would not start worrying now.

No cases have been reported in Cancun. There are two cases reported, one in NYC and one in Canada.

Here is an excerpt from the one in NYC. Is this related to Cancun, or is it related to Mexico City (maybe connecting flight) or totally unrelated, make your own judgement:

"The outbreak apparently resulted from a spring break trip in Mexico, where a group of friends spent six days lounging around the beach and pool during the day and hanging out in Cancun at night. They got back last Sunday, and some of them started getting sick in the next couple days. One student who went to Cancun could hardly speak Sunday because her voice was so hoarse and she was wearing a mask to prevent the virus from spreading; she spent several days battling a fever of nearly 103, coughing and a sore throat."

http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20090426/NEWS01/904260410

4. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go on the trip and stop worrying.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    We only really need one thread on this issue, not the top 5 threads as is the current case. I'm going to lock all duplicate threads and refer the discussions to the longest current thread. You can find it here:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42523

Please continue all flu discussions, news and concerns in the one thread there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice