Swine Flu

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by cancungrl, Apr 24, 2009.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And oh, hi hi Kathy, glad to see you here too! Hope things are grand in Paamul. :D Good health to you all.

2. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are quite isolated here so for once that is a good thing. Assuming el porcino can withstand the humidity. :)

And O. M. F. G. but do you guys (in CUN) have the absolute BEST Soriana in the WORLD up there???? Geez! I was there before Costco on Friday and was completely and utterly overwhelmed. It is ENORMOUS! Also, the best tamales I've ever had (including my own) were purchased on that street - between Soriana and City Club.

Anytime you and Maxie want to brave our brood, you're more than welcome. Especially since you two have a forced vacation now.

3. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! Youse guys sucked me iinto the damn bird. :)

I have a love/hate relationship with that Costco. They denied us boondocking (with our trailer) when we evacuated for Dean and someone broke into our van and stole a camera in the 10 minutes I was in the store. So we headed over by Mega and camped with the traileros. BUT, they have lovely grass for Kilo when we bring him along.

4. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They've just said that everyone should remain indoors for 5 days from the 1st of May, now that is going to cause mayhem in the supermarkets as everyone rushes to get food and stuff and how many Mexican businesses are actually going to close? A friend of mine says the boss said no change at work until something 'serious' happens, how crazy is that, if they don't act fast in this country it could become a real problem.

5. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has there been any confirmed cases in Cancun yet? I don't think so right?

Why haven't flights been cancelled to the U.S they have more states infected than us?

Why is Cancun all over the UK media - just like with the drug lord problem - Cancun gets a bashing for no reason.

Why does the media report so inaccurately these days?

Does some unknown force from above want to bring down Mexico?

All this and more on next weeks thrilling instalment of 'Panic in the Barrio'

6. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope all my CancunCare family will be safe, and out of harms way.. Just thought i'd leave a message for you all.. Especially those of you who live in Mexico...

7. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just been told by a normally reliable source that they are closing all restaurants and possibly other public places this weekend? Looks like the boxing's off, be watching it at home as it's apparently on Azteca. Does anyone else know what has been said, the only update i've heard officially is that stay in for 5 days from the president? I need to get a better understanding of this language fast!

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Noticaribe and Diario de Yucatan are reporting the 1st suspected Swine Flu death in Cancun.

Muere en Cancún un sospechoso de padecer influenza humana:
    http://bit.ly/W75Bf

This could just be the first flu (of any type) death since the outbreak, they would HAVE to call it suspicious. I think that many of the suspicious flu deaths in Mexico are probably just "regular" flu deaths, but that's just my personal theory.

9. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's the first comment that appeared below the Diario article. Even if you don't speak Spanish, you'll get the point:

Los del diario de Yucatan son unos inbeciles irresponsables, ahora resulta que un adulto de 64 años se murio, no se supone que la gente a la que le afecta esta en el rango de los 20s a los 50s?? Segun Ya lo comentaron 1000 veces en quiensabecuantos medios?

Lo que le estan haciendo a nuestro destino no se lo va a quitar nadie, Por favor ya dejen de ser irresponsables y ponganse a trabajar en hacer algo propositivo, si son incapaces de generar dinero haciendo algo correcto, entonces metanse un tiro y dejen de darle lata al mundo.

Influenza humana, tapabocas, y panico, por favor todos refieranse al WHO.

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice