Swine flu sucks

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Kat & Tmac, Apr 26, 2009.

1. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Yes we get a full refund back into our account within 5 days which is good but we are so gutted. As soon as these reports were released all flights were cancelled.

Newlyweds Dawn and Iain Askham are being treated for the virus in hospital after returning from the coastal resort of Cancun.

The couple, from Polmont, near Falkirk, fell ill at the weekend, days after flying home.

Scottish Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon said seven of 22 people, including workmates, who had been in close contact with the couple were also showing "mild symptoms".

2. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Ha ha we would love to lol. Man who I work with is flying to Florida on Saturday so his girlfriend phoned the airline today to basically shut everyone up and say that everything was ok and the response she got was - check with us on Friday...

it just gets out of control, we would still go to Cancun in a heartbeat

3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    us2933,
    When you stated that all flights out of ther U have been cancelled do you mean the UK government told the airlines to shutdown all flight to and back from Mexico? Or was it the airlines taking it upon themselves to cancel the flights?

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    The UK Govt recommended against non essential travel to Mexico, but the charter airlines took it upon themselves to interpret that the way they have and shut down all flights. The Govt didnt stop the flights.

No doubt scared of being sued by someone.

5. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Or they thinking that so many people would cancel that it was not worth the fuel to cross the big pond! Which what ever the case it would make me really mad! Terry

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    But they still had to fly the planes across empty to pick those up that were due to return home.

7. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Or reroute them from some where else. If I where in the UK, with no out breaks in Cancun and my vacation was trashed I would want to see some heads roll! Terry

8. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just for fun I looked on expeida to see what flights you could get going from like london to cancun and they still are allowing people to buy tickets to leave on the 30th

9. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    this is off the WHO website updated today 16:00gmt

"WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities."

sounds like the party is still on baby :lotsofmichaelf:

10. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good grief....I wish I would quit getting calls from everyone I know telling me to stay home.

I can get the flu here just as easy as there!! Got a couple questionables from a couple of the girls. Told them as long as the plane was flying I was going .. let the party begin!

of course have to rethink my trip to Coco Bongo's...but can party at the resort

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice