Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun Forum' started by Kat & Tmac, Apr 26, 2009.
LOL I hope I don't get this :lol:
I am just gonna wait and see what happens. We still have three weeks to make a decision. I just don't want to get off a plane and then have to be placed in isolation for 10 days. It would have to be alot more severe for that but, playing the waiting game.
We are not worried here. We are reading and watching the same news stories as you are - so there's nothing I can add that you wont already know. If you hadnt already said what you said (quoted below) I would have pretty much said the same.
We are still planning on going Thursday unless things change. There is a lot of worry among WHO officials but thats their job. If the govt advises NOT to travel to Mexico we will probably re-schedule. Almost all of the major airlines have now waived cancellation fees for flights to MX, starting with US Air.
My fear is I try to get across the border on Sunday and Im still so hungover that they mistake my hangover for the flu. :lol: My kids are staying with relatives back home so paradise would be fun - but not that fun :wink:
We will play it by ear. As it stands now there are more cases in TX (2 just confirmed in Dallas this afternoon) so my odds are better in Cancun right now. :lol:
Thanks Steve that helps alot......We are still going so far.
very very concerned!
I hope the medical bodies get this under lively
Im more concerned that if we cant go ill have to go in to work for two weeks instead!!!!! :lol:
sod that, ill be on the first flight thurs morning to tenerife and take a bit of a money back! that or a relaxing one in the carribean would have to happen...any1 know of any islands that way remotely lively! i dont think its gunna stop us travelling tho, as long as the flights dont get pulled
We just contacted our travel agent who's advice was to travel at normal. This is also the advice of the foriegn office who have the most info on it in the UK.
Have to agree with many people saying if we listened to everything we're warned about we wouldn't live a life at all. Theres been a few confirmed cases in Europe and all have travelled to Mexico city.
We'll be there no matter what as long as our travel agent allows us which looks very likely. See you all Thursday xx
our tour operator said the very same thing. if the flight takes off, ill be on board! see u all there this week