Swine Flu Is A Bunch Of Hype!!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by darkbodydaddy, Apr 27, 2009.

1. darkbodydaddy

darkbodydaddy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don't believe all the talk on this Swine Flu crap! I'm hearing a lot of opposing thoughts on how bad this so called pandemic is supposed to be! I'm hearing it is just as curable as human flu & those who did get sick from it, The majority of the people recovered! I'm not gonna let it stop my fun! See you guys in about 2 weeks! Don't always believe the Media's Hype!!! Besides, Alcohol is the best cure for any disease!!!
    BOOOOOO-YAHHHHHHHH, BABYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

2. dboyte

dboyte Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Have to agree with you there - swine flu does not stand a chance in my system that week. There will be way too much booze in me and the pool for a bug to survive.

3. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You got me thinking about why its called a Pandemic so I looked it up. Here's what I found.

Definition

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a pandemic can start when three conditions have been met:[1]

* Emergence of a disease new to a population.
    * Agents infect humans, causing serious illness.
    * Agents spread easily and sustainably among humans.

A disease or condition is not a pandemic merely because it is widespread or kills many people; it must also be infectious. For instance, cancer is responsible for many deaths but is not considered a pandemic, because the disease is not infectious or contagious.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice