Swine Flu - if we have to re-schedule our holiday.......

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by beach-bum, Apr 30, 2009.

1. beach-bum

beach-bum Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are due to head out again Aug 24th so obviously thinking/hoping things will be all sorted by then :-| - or at least it will be our choice to fly!! But just incase there is no change................. when is the best weather if we have to re-schedule our holiday?? We were there Aug last year and the weather was perfect but heard mixed reports from people who were there between Sep and Feb. Can anyone help?

We have tried to think of other destinations to re-book to but apart from Miami and Australia (which will push us over budget), there is no where else we want to go. Thought about Cuba, Dom Rep etc but it's just not the same and would be so boring in comparrison!! :roll:

Thanks in advance.

T

2. Suebee

Suebee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    Hi,

I've been in May, September, October and January. My favourite weather was May (very sunny and hot-no rain at all). Next was September (hot but not too hot, very small amounts of rain). Then October, (still hot with more rain. The rain though usually only lasted for a short period of time.) Least favourite was January (way too cold for us-only went into the pool a handful of times for the entire week!)

Hope this helps!

Suebee and Kris

3. beach-bum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Suebee!! We obv hope we can go in August but since we don't want to go anywhere else, we would rather re-sched than not go at all!! The thought of no Tempation/Cancun this year at all fills us with dread :cry:

T

4. Suebee

Suebee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    I know what you mean! We're scheduled to go sept 23 so we're keeping our fingers crossed that this will be all over by then! I'm starting to wonder if we have bad luck choosing vacation times because we were scheduled to go the week the hurricane hit! That's when we ended up rescheduling for January.

5. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    We've had to book Egypt for Monday as our TTR holiday was cancelled 3 days ago by the travel agent. We've rebooked TTR for September 1st and we're definatley going, it should all be old news by then. Just gutted we've missed this May trip as we'd arranged to meet so many great people.

6. beach-bum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ouch! That is bad timing Suebee :( Here's hoping your luck picks up! Can't imagine going anywhere else!! Our friends and family think we are nuts sayin we don't want to go anywhere else but they just don't get how fab our hol was last year! It totally spoiled us but glad it did :lol: I think folk think we exaggerate about how amazing TTR and Cancun were, they just don't get it! Anywhere else would be boring!

Awww US2933, that's pants about your trip :( I've been glued to the news for the past few days and my mate and I were just saying tonight how lucky we were not to be booked for around now, we would be so so soo gutted!! At least you get a nice wee break to Egypt then back to TTR in Sep to PARTY!! We get there 24th Aug for 2 weeks so should see you there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice