"Survivor" producer in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CharlesinCancun, May 6, 2010.

1. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The last I heard a few days ago, the wife's body had been flown back to the States. The husband was still in Mexico (unsure where) until DNA testing comes back.

3. CharlesinCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw on the news that her sister and mother had flown down to CUN to bring her back to the states. I know everyone is innocent until proven guilty , but come on , everything is pointing towards him. it looks like he hired that attorney in Merida that Duane "Dog" Chapman used when he was in trouble in Mex.

4. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know that his passport was being held by the Mexican police after he was released. Also that he was being "put up" in a hotel along the strip, but not sure if he is still there.

5. lilnottsman

lilnottsman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Innocent until proven guilty

You're not innocent until proven guilty in Mexico.

6. CharlesinCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes that is true , I forgot!!!!! LOL!!!

So FREE B. gets put in jail for a fist fight and this guy is "detained" in a hotel ???? then he is able to leave Cancun and go to Merida????looks like Reality shows paid pretty good , I guess.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where did you read that? I keep hearing people say it but I have yet to read it in the press.

I'm not sure the cops have the right to keep your passport? Isn't your passport property of the govt that issued it? I mean, I get the common sense in why they would keep it, to try to keep him from leaving, but I'm just not sure I buy that the cops can do it. Though maybe they can't legally do it and did it anyway...

Personally I'm astonished that the guy hasn't been arrested yet. I assume that his lawyer is protecting him with an amparo.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The requirement of passport surrender is a condition of granting bail to a foreign national in many countries, including the US. "Cops" is a generaliztion. It's the judicial system, by whatever org chart is being used, that holds the passport. It's not locked in some Transito's desk :icon_wink:.

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice