Superbowl

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by SiouxFan, Jan 12, 2009.

1. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife and I will be in Cancun during the Superbowl. Any suggestions on good places to watch it? I'd like to be able to hear the announcers (in English) and the American commercials if possible.

2. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Champs in the Marriot would be a good choice. We've watched there.
    Great if you want some American football food too. Burgers and wings are just like home. The chain is based here in Denver. You wouldn't know you were in Cancun if you didn't look out the window and see palm trees :lol:

We have also watched at Pat O'Brians.
    And Caliente where you can bet on the game.

Jimmy

3. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Outback will probably have it on also. We watched the NBA Playoffs there a few years back as well as a Roy Jones Jr. fight.

We watched a Playoff game at Champs also. Like justjimmy said, it's a good place watching sports.

4. Vic

Vic Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Options, so many options. . .

Where to go . . . Who to Cheer for !!!!

Well, yes. Champion’s, Pat O’Brien’s, Outback, Carlos n’ Charlies, RIO Steak House (really) and so many more hotel bars and lobby bars will have the game…. Nothing to worry about (unless prices).

Pretty much anywhere in Cancun you will go, English will be spoken (service wise for this subject) and if not all most of these places will either have the English broadcasted signal (through SKY, Dish, SatDish, Cable, even Sling box. . . .).

Now, my personal opinion/option/invite is to come meet both locals and foreigners in Cancun City (not the hotel zone)..

“Steve, this is “not” a spot but an answer buddy so with your permission. . .”

Come over to “ La Taberna “ (Sayil street). There will be a SB party where the game will be broadcasted in English with all the things you are used to back in the Us of A. You will find here a friendly sports bar with bet boards, good finger food like wings, hamburgers and if you like Nachos and then the obvious Mexican food.

Lots of local Expats and locals will be there to cheer for both AZ Cards or Pitt Steelers.

Happy holidays!

Vic
    --

5. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the suggestions. The bet boards sound very nice. Go Steelers!

6. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

STEELERS ARE SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!

Vic, who are YOU rooting for?!?!?! :lol:

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Why's that guy got a cat on his shoulder?

8. peg6897

peg6897 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't worry, the cat on his shoulder won't be hurt, just there to pounce on the birds!

9. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

Our FIVE Super Bowl rings are gonna squeeeeze those birdies!

[​IMG]

10. Vic

Vic Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is a simple question Stevie.....

But the answer ...... :?: :?: :?:

I have been a Steelers' fan my whole life, in the good times and the bad ones.

I lived in Phoenix quite a few years and kind of felt obliged to support the home team except when they played the Steelers of course.

They are the Cinderella's team, the Under dog, the "never been to the big game" (until now) however, the Steelers are D STEELERS.

I will be happy either way but I have to go with my team.

And Steve: That guy is "Paul El Malo" and that's his TM, not a CAT !!! (ja ja ja... Good one though!)

Vic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice