Super salad

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CharlesinCancun, May 29, 2008.

1. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just ate at the new SUPER SALAD on Nichupte near Gymboree and across from Nichupte Plaza.

VERY NICE , clean restaurant. Great food. I had the Mohave salad and tuna salad , mi amigo had the same plus soup , 2 large lemonades and cappuchino

TOTAL $200MN !!!!!!!!!!

spoke with the owner said

delivery available soon

place was PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! and probably will be for a while

www.supersalads.com

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Super Salad - My FAVORITE new restaurant

We have eaten there 3 times in the last week and LOVE IT. AC, clean, good service, GREAT prices, excellent salads...our favorites so far are Santa Fe salad and BBQ chicken sandwich, but lots still to try.

Prices are good, the best deal is the combos, mix and match for $65-$72 pesos per plate (full plate).

I am going to try to refrain from going every night, don't wanna get burned out!

They have restaurants all over Mexico and know how to do things right!

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I ate there tonight. 4 of us and we all had combos and the bill was $363 plus tip. Would have been $17 less but I had two limonadas that were great.

They have aguas of all types.

As Cancun Fun said the combos seem to be the best way to go. You can order one item from two of the various groups of Paninis, Tortas and Salads. You get like half a sandwich and a nice salad and the combo price is the higher number of either the full sandwich or the full salad.

www.supersalads.com

4. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the link TJ
    I keep meaning to go try it out but haven't got round to it yet.
    Finally something new and healthy!

5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jen

it is really good. watch out for the sante fe salad though. too spicy for the baby.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Babies love spicy TJ, shows what you know! When I was pregnant with my daughter I ate Thai food almost daily, and I like it spicy. She now loves spicy food. All that stuff about spicy food being bad for babies is b.s.

I ate at Super Salad yesterday. I got a turkey wrap. It was big for the price. It had nice flavor but it was made with so much dressing that in the end it wasn't exactly healthy food. I've never had a wrap anywhere else that had that much fat in it. But don't get me wrong it TASTED good.

The place was packed. And they were not taking credit cards when we were there, which was bad.

I object to the way they do their ordering. They give you a paper menu and then you mark on it what you want. So for the two of us they needed two pieces of paper to take our orders? Not exactly environmentally conscious! And then our drinks arrived in huge styrofoam cups, which is also bad.

The place was so busy that when we were finished eating the people waiting were eying our table. And the waitress actually pushed us to get our bill and leave so they could have the table for another party. It was not pleasant.

Also the place is loud! It's not a good place for conversation.

I liked my food, and I will go back. And next time I will look for something that is more obviously healthy. Who knew you could make a turkey wrap into a heart attack on a plate?

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rivergirl,

Paper menus, styrofoam, environment.

I SAY LET'S PAVE THE WORLD ! ! !

Well, at least the downtown streets.

8. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you kidding? I don't have to stop eating spicy food !! you've been listening to those old wive's tales TJ. Although it can help to bring on labour later on !

So I went to Super Salads yesterday with Susan and we both loved loved loved it.
    I don't believe it's unhealthy because of the dressings, they offer light dressings or you could order them on the side. It's up to you if you want to knock a few calories off.

It was busy when we went too and we waited a few minutes for a table. We didn't find it overly noisy though, we were still able to hold a conversation. The waiter waited for us to ask for the bill - although the place was emptying out by that time so I guess noone was waiting for our table.

I am so happy to find a restaurant I love and is healthy too. They will start delivery service in about 2 weeks apparently. Although if they are as busy with that as they are with diners, we'll see how long an order takes to arrive.

9. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I personally like the Mexican custom of them not bringing the check until you ask for it. But I personally choose not to take advantage of this in a busy place.

I remember Mother's Day of last year two couples went to La Troje. One of the ladies was nursing a naranjada for an incredible amount of time. We were long done with our meals and I was starting to squirm.

We were inside and I happened to glance outside and there were a number of people standing on the sidewalk. I pointed them out and this lady said, and I am paraphrasing here, "To hell with them. They should have come here earlier like we did." The rest of us practically drug her out of there.

But I don't like to be rushed, and that works well here. But common courtesy should still prevail, not that it always does.

10. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me, too. It is a huge pet peeve of mine to be at a restaurant and the server brings me my check while I am still eating. I consider docking the tip when this happens. As a (hopefully) former server myself, I am extra critical of service I receive. I myself have never given a check until AFTER my people's plates have been cleared and I ask if I can get them anything else. Well, I can't say never; the occasional person in a hurry would tell me to bring the check when I bring their food. I waited for Mexican people to ask for the check as I am aware of the custom in Mexico. It's funny though because Americans can get mad if they don't have their check as soon as they are finished with their meal.

I wonna check out Super Salads! :cry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice