Sunset Lagoon and Marina

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by lks1165, Jun 25, 2007.

1. lks1165

lks1165 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I am going to be visiting Cancun for thre 1st time next April. Has anyone stayed at this resort? What advice can you give me.

2. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have stayed there and it's not bad...

The suites are 3-deckers with kitchen on top, bed, couch, and TV on level 2 and super-size bed on the bottom level with the balcony. Bathroom is off of the kitchen.

Looking up from the balcony

[​IMG]

Looking down from the kitchen

[​IMG]

The balcony overlooks the lagoon, not the beach - but they have a fast shuttle boat that leaves every 10 minutes to take you across the lagoon to the hotel they have on the beach (Sunset Hotel), where you can use all the facilities equally as well.

We lodged at the Lagoon (vs the Hotel) because the acommadations are more spacious, the facility layout is far more sprawling than the hotel, and it's quieter and more private than the facility they have on the beach.

Also it's on the top of the seven, halfway between downtown and the convention center. I like being that close to everything I want to do.

A word to the wise - stay clear of the timeshare salesman at any and all costs. This place is notorious for timeshare, and the timeshare salespeople are like lice - once you get them on you, they're hell to get rid of.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice