Sunset Fisherman/Fisherman's Village???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Confused Newbie, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Confused Newbie

Confused Newbie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm new to this site, and have gotten extremely valuable info from all of you - thanks! Maybe you can shed some light on this for me....

Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz all have a PDC hotel listing for Sunset Fisherman Resort & Spa. Tripadvisor.com also has a listing, but no reviews, comments or information. From what I can find on Expedia et al, it sounds like a great place, great location, just what we're looking for.

On other travel sites, when I search for Sunset Fisherman, I get a listing for a time-share condo property Fisherman's Village, which, when reading other's opinions, doesn't fare too well - meal plans, time-share hawks, bugs, etc... and it's listed as an all-condo property, not a spa & resort. What gives? Are they one in the same? Is there a hotel section next to a condo section? Is this a good place for someone who needs a home base for day trips and exploration?

We don't want or need AI, mega-resort and perky activities staff, just a cool beach-front location. Any info or suggestions are appreciated!

2. Vic

Vic Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sunset group owns this resort.

Sorry but it is AI even trading with RCI.

The place is actually pretty nice. They just remodel their Restaurant and pool bar and added two buildings this year. The location is in Playacar (just on the side of Playa Del Carmen.

Check the hotel Playa Maya. Nice beach close to PDC 5th Av.
    http://www.playa-maya.com

For direct info on the Fisherman's Villa go to this forum, they constantly post about this location.
    http://mytravelboard4.com/playa/

Enjoy your trip

Vic

3. tumbletweed

tumbletweed Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for the reply! I can't wait to dig my toes in the sand and start exploring all the great places that I've been reading about on the forums.

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually Fishermans is a top notch place. I did thier timeshare presentation. All rooms but 2 are oceanview. Each room has a Jacuzzi out on the balcony. Very nicely decorated. I was there for thanksgiving and the food was actually really good....although they had no clue what cranberry sause was. Beach is kinda small,but big enough for the size hotel it was, never got crowded or even close. Very clean beach as well.

Great base camp for outside exploring. You can walk to 5th ave from the property, or catch the shuttle.

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice