Still looking for a way to stay at Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by rfootball09, Jan 29, 2009.

1. rfootball09

rfootball09 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is not at all a plug for the website or whatever their business is. They are running a major promo where you can book a maximum of 7 nights for a dollar. About 15 mins a day, they give you a chance to book.

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/world-for-a-dollar.aspx

Complete legit. I booked a 7 day stay for a dollar each night at an all inclusive for this year's Spring Break. Not oasis unfortunately but you cant be picky when its relatively free... Here's my reservation:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/actioncomp/boosk.png

Good luck if anyone is gonna try it. It killed 3 days of my life and waiting sooooo long....

2. dogtownman

dogtownman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what hotel did you book at??

i did the same thing but i got the park royal hotel and it's not all inclusive... i wanted all inclusive

3. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Terms and Conditions (the "Dollar Terms") State:

"You must pay One U.S. Dollar for each night booked via the Dollar Booking plus any additional fees associated with the booking including, but not limited to, taxes, resort fees, baggage fees, and supplemental fees imposed by the hotel."

So what were the additional fees?
    How much extra did they charge you ???

4. rfootball09

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had the Oasis Playa at first. They called me up and told me that they didn't have anymore room (the website) so they bumped me down to the next available 4 star which was RIU Caribe.

Add on to above: When they called me, I asked if I could do a room upgrade and they said that I would have to pay the difference straight to the resort, not them if I wanted. The website covers tax and the price of the hotel that you booked for the week. The extra fees they are talking about are whatever extra you want in the resort like I guess a lockbox or wine fees (if you order) or whatever I guess.

The booking doesn't come with airfare though so I have to go look for cheap airfare now...

5. dogtownman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have no additional fees... i literally paid nothing for a 7 night ocean front stay at the park royal... but i wanted all inclusive so i don't have to pay for food and booze...

6. Miissy

Miissy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How exactly does this thing work? Go to book and hope it says you only owe $1 a night?

7. dogtownman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    15 minutes per day they're offering a "$1/night sale" ... they put a timer in the top of the screen if ur on that page during that time period... so far they've been doing it in 7.5 / 5 minute intervals and it MAKES you watch a few video clips before you can book anything...

you basically have to enter everything as fast as possible and you barely have any time to look at the hotels offered because if you don't confirm everything in the time period allowed then you won't get the deal

today they've already done it for 5 minutes so there's 10 minutes left which could be anywhere from now until midnight tonight... u gotta keep refreshing the page on the hotels section if you want it to work

8. rfootball09

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Monday to friday for this week and next, they are giving 15 mins during the day (either one full 15 or broken up into 2 or 3 sessions) to book your vacation. Within that time, all hotels are a $1 a night.

It's basically waiting and watching the website when they give you the time...It is pretty obvious when it happens because a video plays.

9. Miissy

Miissy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha, I am so gonna sit on my ass all day tomorrow and gonna do it! I would love to add a week onto my already book trip. But its only for one person for that one room right? If I had another person, they would charge for it right?

10. rfootball09

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have two people listed in my itinerary. Didn't get charged extra or anything.

I would watch between 12:00 to 1:00 pm EST and 5:00 and 6:00 pm EST...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice