Stella has finally arrived!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jul 14, 2008.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just splurged on a case of Stella at Costco. Thanks for the tip Steve. Stella is not my favorite beer, but it's certainly heads above any Mexican beer.

I'm always amazed at how brainwashed people here are about the quality f Mexican beer, it's not good beer, some of it is drinkable but none of it is good imho.

Hubby remembers when he was young that some foreign beers started coming into the market in Mexico and then there was a HUGE campaign by the Mexican beer companies the gist of which was to convince Mexicans that their beer was the best in the world.

The beer companies successfully closed the distribution channels and the foreign beers all but disappeared from the market. Then when hubby moved to the US and was able to easily get microbrews and beers from Europe he realized that Mexico was completely brainwashed and that Mexican beer was merely adequate for BBQs and not much else...

2. Caribbean_Expat

Caribbean_Expat Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    man I really have to disagree, I love agave beers, its leaps and bounds above hops beer, imo anyway.

I love allot of beer though, all kinds as long as I enjoy it. I dont have an actual style preference but as far as good drinkable beer Corona Xtra and Budweiser are my favs, every once in a while I like to enjoy an nice dark brew but as far as kicking back and drinking a few, it has to be one of the two.

^^thats a bold statement

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice