Stella has finally arrived!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Much to my and Matts delight Stella the famous Belgian beer and affectionately known in the UK as 'wifebeater' is now available at Costco!379 pesos for a case of 24*33cl bottles.

Lets see in the last two weeks:
    - a new Chinese restaurant opened
    - a new Indian restaurant opened
    - new sausage and beer discoveries made in Costco
    - got Dish TV installed so instead of working I watch Top Gear, BBC News and Gordon Ramsay all day

Life in Cancun just got a whole lot better!

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Life certainly did get a whole lot better, no longer have to plan that trek to Belize! In case anyone fancies it in a bar, we did come across it at The Pub but it was a very pricey 70 pesos and he said he had to import it, whats the odds of it popping up in bars across Cancun? Just remember to save a couple incase another Hurricane hits, they could come in handy in times of darkness, although warm Stella ain't the same, as i can testify to from Glastonbury experience, it still beats a cold Corona though!

Also, Steve, let me know if i'm okay to post a link, i found a website that offers UK TV only downloads (including Cricket, Match of the Day and Top Gear) for those of us that are stuck in dreaded 2 year Sky contracts (what a mistake that was) and want to feel like they're at home, tv wise at least. I bet Dish TV is a god send, English commentary all the way, i watched all of Euro 2008 and they had English on one came, something like Croatia vs Turkey, it's available they just decide not to give it to us, I tried complaining to Sky and i got told to take it up with ESPN.

Going off topic again, not like me (don't say anything Matt, you've probably switched off already, i know!) :)

3. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve

when in Cancun I go Mexican in my beer. Dos equis is for me, back in USA Heineken is my beer of choice.

Wish I could do the dish TV. I had Mike over and bay view grand gave him permission to go on roof and install a dish, problem for me was he could only run 2 TV's and I needed 4 :(

So Sky was the only option

4. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Nice to see you around again Sam, sure post the link.... unless it's your business and instead contact me for ad rates..... Just joking, I know it's not your site!

Euro 2008, whats that then?!

5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    yeah I know I sound like a heathen :wink:

Those from the US and Canada have it a little easier than us Brits because your little tastes of home are that bit more common and easy to find or if you cant find them here it's easier to make that trip home and renew your fill. With us, 5,000 miles from home and something new arrives that we are familiar with we cant believe our luck. But at 16 pesos a bottle it wont become my staple diet when I can buy Pacifico for 6.50 .... just a nice to have :)

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When in the states I rotate between Stella and Blue Moon (with a big slice of orange).

I am not that big on beer since most places are 2 for 1 and they bring them both at the same time. So mostly I stick to AƱejo in the bars where I can load up on ice.

But I will be keeping some Stella on hand in the frig. Maybe Steve will split a case with me since neither of us are big drinkers.

7. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stella's my beer choice on tap! I ordered one at a bar on Saturday, and there were a bunch of feisty people who insisted on screaming "Stelllaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

Can't believe it's made its way to Cancun!

8. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve, the new Indian - is it the same one on Avenida Del Sol or there another opened?

9. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Duh, don't worry I've just seen the separate post!

10. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah it's been a while but i'm back, here's the website, probably get lost in this post but if anyone British is on here they would more than likely click on the Stella post before any others!!!

http://www.uknova.com

Time for a business, that ain't happening, i'm also too busy watching TV (sadly Everybody Loves Raymond and Bear Grylls repeats!) and riding my bike, then at some point i need to fit work into my daily routine! Except for the family and the food, nothing could get me back to a 8-6 in a stuffy office in the UK!

Euro 2008, it was some competition in a sport they call football, apparently we invented it like Cricket and Rugby but we're still trying to work out how to play it properly!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice