spring break vs. other times

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by wannagoback, Feb 19, 2009.

1. wannagoback

wannagoback Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey guys...first of all I want to say I used y'alls website about 4 years ago for my Cancun trip and the info was great.

I went to Cancun back when I was in college for spring break. I am now 25, and hold a normal job. I wanted to get a trip together for this spring, but I was not able to due to job conflicts, etc.

My question is...I still love to party and have a good time (I just have to hide it at work lol). I decided to try to book the trip in the fall (around Oct-Nov), but am a little skeptical. To those Cancun veterans...is it still a party-enough scene at those times? I don't need a crazy all-you-can-drink contest all the time, but I just don't want to get down there and have it be all couples and old people...I still want to party it up!

Would I be better off holding off the trip 'till next March-April or will I be pleasantly surprised? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

2. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i gotta be honest... theres always tourism in cancun (i lived there for 10 months) but... september, october and november are dead months... of course you are going to find people at the clubs and a people to party but it wont be as packed as in early in the year...

my bday is in nov and the club was not as full as i wouldve liked... had a great time anyway!

3. nicabe

nicabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been there in december and it was obvious that it just started to get back to "normal" (the Cancun normal :D ). But I mean Cancun is fun at any time of the year but it's not as crowded as during spring...

4. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome back to the board!!!

That is also Hurricane season I think.. Not really sure...

5. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea hurricane season usually ends october. thats why its quiet i think people dont like risking it

6. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was there this past October and it wasn't dead. I kind of enjoyed it. The clubs were filled, not packed. It was easy to get a drink. The weather kind of sucked, was pretty cloudy and got pretty chilly at night.

7. Brrob26

Brrob26 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    End of March-April?

I'm heading to Oasis March 29 - April 5 with a friend.
    I understand spring break prime is over (which is my preference) but it is still going to be a party? I was going to book in the middle of March but from what i hear its pure insanity! lol Did I make a good choice booking when I did?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice