Spring break virgins Staying In Oasis Viva looking for help

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mcowan_007, Jan 24, 2007.

1. mcowan_007

mcowan_007 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

There are 8 lads from Sheffield in England coming to Cancun middle of march and we really don’t know what to expect. We want to get involved with all American students and have a great time.

We are staying in the Oasis Viva (at the side of the Rui Cancun) and we have read some bad reports about it ??. We are also told you can use the oasis Cancun during the day and night if you want, does anybody know if this is true ??.

Can anybody tell me more about the hotel and if it will be full of spring breakers, hopefully not all from the UK

I am really just looking for advise about all the cool things that go on such as beach parties and what people think are the best nights out.

Any comments or advise is very welcome.

Thanks for your response in advance.
    Matt

2. dave85

dave85 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Spring break virgins Staying In Oasis Viva looking for h

Where in Sheffield are you from? Uni?

3. mcowan_007

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

Not at any any uni mate, just heard so many good comments about cancun at spring break it was something we had to do.

Matt

4. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alright mate 9 of us stayed at the Oasis Viva last year for Springbreak, Its a really nice hotel. There wasn't that many Breakers there but that didnt matter too much as your so close to the action (5 minute walk to the clubs). Yeah you can use the other Oasis for free which is really good although they dont always like giving you free beer at the other ones.
    You will find there are a few other Uk'ers there, atleast there was last year.
    And the beach is so good there, see the pic below from last year taken from our room.
    [​IMG]

Bye
    Adam

5. mcowan_007

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers Mad-ad

What was the drinks and stuff like in the hotel, where they strong. Some of the reviews have been shocking that i have read about the place.

Would you recommend going to the oasis Cancun or just staying put in ours, Daft question but did you take dollars or there money.

If you have your pictures online could you send me the link so i could check them out.

Cheers - Matt

6. dave85

dave85 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mad-ad,

Do the hotel actually own that beach, i.e. do we have to pay for the day thing to go and use it if we stay elsewhere?

7. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mcowan_007 Here you go mate
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/548823363rrqHJL
    The drinks were quite hit and miss, The beer was always good and so was the spirits but you would never get the same cocktail twice, which was quite interesting at times.
    Take Dollars mate, and get lots of $1 bills to tip with. If you want a real lively hotel head down to the other Oasis mate, its crazy down there and during the day there are alot of girls and I was suprised at the lack of guys although they tended to show their faces towards late afternoon more. The Oasis viva is nice to relax when you have a banging hangover though lol.

dave85
    The Oasis Viva own their beach and you can walk up and down for miles, one of the day we walked along the beach and into the back of the Rui the beaches are amazing along that part.

Bye
    Adam

8. mcowan_007

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mad-ad

Cheers for this mate, you have made me feel ten times better after some of the review i read. What time of year did you go there ??.

I can see from your pics it looks like you hit the town allot and shown the americans how we do it, where are the best places to go at night that are nearby or within walking distance, Also where was the places you found most of the ladies hang out ??.

What sort of prices do you pay outside for drinks and stuff like that ??.

Also did you use the hotel for any of its Daily activaties ??.

Cheers Again - Matt

9. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heres a post I did a little while back mate, it should help answer pretty much everything you want to know.
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26814
    I went with my Girlfriend so I wasnt after the ladies but from what I hear the other oasis is very good for girls during the day and pretty much any of the clubs, I think frogs tend to have a lot of girls go there.
    The hotel does do daytime stuff, if you go to the first desk on the left after the enterance you can book all sorts of stuff up, waterparks, speedboats etc etc
    These were our pics from 2005 http://travel.webshots.com/album/316058095JnJNOg
    :)

Bye
    Adam

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we went to visit the hotel seems nice and all, but not crazy busy and rowdy....The pool area was quiet..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice