Spring Break Cancun Checklist for Newbies?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by C-Diddy, Feb 27, 2007.

1. C-Diddy

C-Diddy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A friend and myself leave for Cancun for 5 nights starting March 6th and it's our first time in Cancun. The research I've done to prepare on these forums has been really helpful.

We both have your passports in hand, and are ready to go. We're staying at the Best Western Cancun Clipper. We are thinking about dong the Party Hopper Tour on our first night to get a good introduction to the Cancun club scene.

However, I'm wondering if anyone has any other must-do tips for us. I don't want to end up not have enough pesos or standing in a long line for no reason, because I didn't do the proper research.

Here's a couple of questions that I have:

-How much money should we bring for a 5 night stay?

-Is $400 each going to be enough?

-Also, how much of the $400 should we exchange into Pesos and where is the best place to do it?

-These are the clubs we think we HAVE to check out: Coco Bongo, The City, Dady'0, Dady Rocks, Senor Frogs, Bulldog Cafe. Are there any that I'm missing that we MUST check out? Also, from that list of clubs, is there any certain nights that have a theme/event night that is a MUST (i.e. Dady'O Hawaiian Tropic contest on Thursday nights)? Which clubs open the earliest and which ones stay open the longest?

-Is it true that you should bring your money, but not your ID or wallet when going out at night?

-Is it safe to leave any valuables (i.e. digital camera) in your hotel room at any time?

-Which area of the beach is best to hang out during the day for contests? The City beach area or The Oasis Cancun area?

-Any other out of the way gems or unique must do/sees would be appreciated!

Thanks

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I would do some research here around the board, all of your questions are answered! Check up top and around the board!! Welcome!

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I would budget for around 50USD a night minimum. You will need money for the bars, and a cab ride home, and for tipping

Should be enough I bring 400 USd and that is fine with me

-Also, how much of the $400 should we exchange into Pesos and where is the best place to do it?

If you are talking about USD, you don't need to exchange they accept USD over there..

-These are the clubs we think we HAVE to check out: Coco Bongo, The City, Dady'0, Dady Rocks, Senor Frogs, Bulldog Cafe. Are there any that I'm missing that we MUST check out? Also, from that list of clubs, is there any certain nights that have a theme/event night that is a MUST (i.e. Dady'O Hawaiian Tropic contest on Thursday nights)? Which clubs open the earliest and which ones stay open the longest?

Well you may wann check with the entertainment staff at your hotel when you get there, they would know the best nights for each club. OR if you don't have Ent. Staff you can google for the Clubs websites and see what days they advertise, Oh and your forgot to mention basic Night Club

-Is it true that you should bring your money, but not your ID or wallet when going out at night?

They say it's good to bring at least a photcopy of your license with you while you are out on the town...an ddont' need to bring all the money you own out with you. just bring what you will need

-Is it safe to leave any valuables (i.e. digital camera) in your hotel room at any time?

Should be ok, try and see if your hotel offers a Safe to use

-Which area of the beach is best to hang out during the day for contests? The City beach area or The Oasis Cancun area?

The Oasis cancun would be your best bet

Thanks[/quote]

4. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good questions all newbs need to know buddy....

Welcome!

I take $1800 for 2 weeks so $900 for one, but you could do well with about $600 I think

$600 i'd say as a minimum

If you are talking about USD, you don't need to exchange they accept USD over there.. (I agree with Dreams Post there)

Add Basic to that list and you have a decent list, check out small bars also keep your eyes open for billboards cos they tell ya where the hotspots are for certain nights...

I tended to take just my Phone/Hotel room key/and around $100 per night

You have a safe in your room,

The Oasis cancun would be your best bet possibly the new City beach area

None partywise -

Xel-Ha is a beautiful natural area its a good day out.

Food -

Hooters is awesome in the day, great people cold beer steak & March Madness

Bubba gumps - Best meal i had in Cancun...FANTASTIC...go there...

[/quote] Peace

5. C-Diddy

C-Diddy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the great replies. You guys rock!

A few more quick questions:

My buddy and I aren't planning on using our cell phones in Cancun, however, I was wondering what standard procedure is for meeting up with someone in case you get split up at a night club (perhaps pursuing a member of the opposite sex.)? Is it best to pick a meeting spot at the club or what?

Also, I'll need to check my email at least once when I'm in Cancun. Does anyone know if there is an internet cafe or something like that near the Hotel Zone/Club area?

Thanks again for everyones help.

6. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There's an internet cafe right next to where I stayed last year in a small shopping center around Km 7.5. They charge for 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes etc... it was only about US$3.00 for 30 minutes or so.

[​IMG]

7. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

haha just read that as last year you stayed in a small shopping centre - random, i think i should go to bed :lol:

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well with me and my friends, we pick a meeting spot within the club in case we get seperated. Choose an easy wide open area. Maybe the bathrooms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice