Spring Break 2009 Challenge!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jlow511, May 24, 2008.

1. rage1605

rage1605 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Second that, at my heaviest I was 267 (I am 5'7) and fat....

Now I am 200 (still 5'7 :p ) and I am toned. It was probably one of the hardest things to do (I <3 BEER....mmmm Beer....) but I figured it was worth it.

I only ate "whole foods" like Chicken, Turkey, (Turkey Sausage when I wanted to have something "tasty"), chili made with ground turkey, Tuna, etc.

I cut out all refined sugar/flour and Sat. Fats. I drank nothing but Water and unsweetened Ice Tea.....I dropped weight so fast I freaked out a LOT of people.

I also worked out (and still do) 5x a week (well a little spotty since the breakup but I get my ass in the gym). I cycle through each major muscle group for 5 days and I run or do whatever cardio for 30 mins every day (excluding the two days I am off).

If you can stick to this you should be GOLDEN by Spring Break and you would be amazed at how fast your body transforms. Some people had "free days" and I USED to do that but it just sets you back in your progress when you have 40-50+ pounds to lose.

Instead of free days of pigging out (because you can lose weight faster by having at least one day of things you wouldn't usually eat) just do what I do now.

On Saturday (or whatever the free day is) drink a few beers (don't go overboard with it). Have 2-3 slices of pizza (depending on size) and maybe a beef sammich or whatever you like but eat it in moderation...

If you stay on a diet like chicken/tuna/fish/turkey, etc for a long period of time and your body is used to taking in 3000+ calories a day, your metabolism will drop like a rock and go into starvation mode.....

I am not saying you will not lose any weight....but you will lose it faster by shocking your system once a week (but again, do not go overboard with it).

Also, don't over train.....it will get you nowhere fast! Give yourself at LEAST 1 day off but 2 if at all possible....

And lastly, EAT, EAT, EAT!!! At LEAST 5 meals (6 ideally) a day!!! Not meals like you eat now but small portions of "good for you" food. That will keep your metabolism kicking in high gear.....

Also if you are very serious about working out, check out information on "insulin spikes," and what foods you should eat in order to spike your insulin levels in the morning before you do cardio, that will help you lose weight too!

Um, Drink LOTS of water (at LEAST 6 glasses daily) and also vary your workout! You will be amazed at how fast your body can adapt to certain exercise and cardio….I am on a training program that changes exercises every two weeks…..if you cannot follow through with exercises very well see if there is an L.A. Boxing gym near your house and take their “1,000 calorie workout” routine.

Do that for a few months and you will drop weight like a kid in Ethiopia……..

2. hwang

hwang Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey rage1605,

And now how many you estimate for your % bodyfat?

3. rage1605

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not sure to be honest with you....I have never had that checked....

I am 5'7 200lbs which is considered "fat" by the charts they put out:

121 - 160 lbs is average for my height (if I weighed that much I would be a TWIG)

I am not built like you, (I mean this in a totally straight way but good job on the abs) one day though I would love to get there but I don't mind trying to find out my body fat....I just cannot use the calculations they have online because they assume since you are 200lbs that it's fat, not muscle so I get some Ridiculous number.

If I had to guess 14-16%......that seems high to me but I think that might be right.....

4. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now - 40% BEER GUT

MARCH - SOLID ROCK :lol:

5. hwang

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I totally agree with you that calculations =height weight is ridiculous because they don't take into account the % of bodyfat and mass muscular.

For abs I started a diet of madness after training the evening I don't eat I was dizzy the night it's not the good method but it's mine lol. I think your bodyfat is around of 25% but I dont't look at you.

Sorry for my bad english lol

6. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thats money in the bank mate :wink:

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well good for you rage, that food listing you posted seems almost what I eat anyways..! Just a matter of getting out and exercising I guess..I don't do that!

8. rage1605

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No problem! Yea, I don't think I could give up eating after a workout! Hel though I am ready to try anything at this point....

whdream -- From your pic you look skinny as all hell....what do you mean?

9. hwang

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its hardcore way guy lol

Good road :D

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me Skinny?? Awwwwwwww too kind, ;)))))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice