Spring Break 2009 Challenge!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jlow511, May 24, 2008.

1. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, so I've decided my fat ass is out of shape and I need to loose about 40-50 lbs. So I've come up with a plan. What is the best way to loose weight? Well first off you have to have motivation.

So I've decided to start working out, I'm going on my second straight week and I already feel better so that should be motivation enough right? Well there is also the girl factor if I loose about 50 lbs and get in shape It will make it easier to attract the ladies right? Well how about I reward myself for a job well done. If I can loose 40 lbs or more by december I will reward myself with a trip to Cancun for SB 2009. And I've got a relative that is going to give me $100 toward spending money if I actually pull this off.

So any encouragement would be great! I've changed my eating habits a bit and am trying to stay away from the beer and cokes. Maybe not completely but mostly so that will help. And I've stocked up with about 10 gallons of water so that is pretty much all I'm keeping on hand to drink other than some juices.

So what ya think?

2. gorjess88

gorjess88 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i need to lose weight to. so i can attract the bitches, although ive already got BC :lol: :lol:
    cash donations are welcome to help me shed the weight i dont need :D

3. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Advice: Eat. Not a lot, but often. Like 6 times a day, really.... especially breakfast. That's crucial. Put it this way, make it so you never feel hungry. Cuz once that happens, any food you do eat goes straight to your reserves... aka the areas you want to lose. And don't eat within a couple hours of going to bed. Any food in your tummy at that point I think also goes to your reserves. Think of our bodies kinda like chipmunks. They store food in their cheeks in anticipation of hard times. Our bodies store reserves in anticipation of hard times. The key is to re-train your body to not hold onto reserves.

Don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away. You are trying to overrule nature by re-training your body and it could take months. But once it does get going, it goes fast, I guess. If you saw my husband's ID pic, you wouldn't know it was the same guy. He lost a lot of weight and he is the source of this info... just so you know.

Good luck JLow! WoooHooo I rhyme! LOL :roll:

4. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advise I'll work on that. I think that is my biggest problem is I don't eat enough during the day. I wait till I'm almost starving to eat. I've been trying to get better at that. I stocked my drawer at work with low carb snack bars to snack on through the day.

5. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool! So, every 3 hours maybe take in some kind of food. Like I said, a meal to start your day aka breakfast is very important, then a couple hours later have a snack bar, then lunch, then a snack bar or protein shake.... something like that.

Don't forget to up your water intake. Something has to flush out what you want to lose! Not only that, toxins tend to store in your fat cells, and when you're breaking down those cells, you are potentially releasing the toxins into your system, so extra water flushes those out, as well.

6. CancunDave

CancunDave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    myself and a few guys at work are trying the p90x workout.. I'll let you know how it goes :)

7. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Man I need to do this too getting a right fat shit now!

8. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Two words.. Wii Fit!...
    but here you go.. TOGA TOGA TOGA

9. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    John,

I lost 25lbs between Jan 6th and early March.

I was pretty extreme though -
    Instant Oatmeal for breakfast every day.
    Banana or Yogurt for snack at about 11am
    Chef salad for lunch (not too much dressing) at 1pm
    Banana or Yogurt for snack around 3:30pm
    Grilled chicken, fish or turkey for dinner with a little rice and vegetables. Only one portion.
    I allowed myself baby carrot sticks or something for a snack later, but not after 9pm.
    All I drank was bottled water and juices without added sugar.

My exercise was pretty much cardio-related: exercise bike for 45 minutes, elliptical machine for 45 minutes, cooldown walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes. I did this 2 or 3 times a week.

It's hard to stay with such a boring, strict program so you have to adjust it when you get to your goal. I took a couple of vacations since March and slacked on the exercise a bit.... added a few back but still at -20. My goal is to lose another 10-15 in the next couple months so back to the grind.

I didn't have a burger, piece of pizza, pasta, fried food, or soft drink for almost 3 months... and it paid off.

good luck.

10. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just as the man said, eat right, plenty of cardio thats all you need - forget these fad diets! oh and try and cut out foods loaded with gluten, stops your body absorbing nutrients!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice