Spots By The Sexy Pool

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Keithkaren, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Keithkaren

Keithkaren Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    First time at resort, staying in garden view room. Do we have to worry about finding a good place to sit around sexy pool. Staying April 2-6
    Thanks Keith

2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    never used to worry. Now with the bottle service seating I don't know.

3. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    The good spots aren't around the pool, but in the pool!
    We usually just find a spot to leave our stuff under a chair or table and spend most of our time either on the sand bar at the beach, in the pool or in the big hot tub on top of ramp.
    Most of the chairs are reserved but scarcely used.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    Three ways to go about it. There are more than a few that wander out as the sun comes up, or, possibly still finding their way home, (we've gloriously been there too) and lay claim to a couple poolside chairs by hanging tee shirts or towels over them, much like an 1800's era prospector staking his claim. About half of those people show up well after lunch, and then spend the rest of the day in the water or at the bar, so the chairs are never really used. There is another group that takes what chairs are available at the time, kind of like when you decide to take in a last minute concert and hit the "best available" ticket button. That works too. And then there is the the group that really doesn't care. These are the shameless fun ones. Like the above post mentioned, (and we can vouch for their firsthand experience, and boy do we miss them!) they'll drop their bag faster than your neighborhood (not to denigrate your neighborhood directly, but more likely a not so great neighborhood) streetside pharmacist when they spot the popo. And in this case, that popo would be a bartender, or group of similar fun-loving friends. Simply ask anyone if you can leave your bag or footwear under their chair and I can guarantee they won't care, and you've made new friends. That's about it! You might find chairs, and you might not, but they become less important by the cup. Have a great time!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Agree with jnine. It's too stressful to play the reservation game for us . Some guests reserve some prime chairs all day long, only to use them rarely.
    We'll drop our stuff in a pile with friends, or get a chair on the Tower sundeck area (never seen it full). Then be in the pool most of the day.

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,166 / 7
    I love this topic. It's one of my all-time favorites!!!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we have friends who get spots by the pool .. so we drop our stuff off with them and stake out our spot in the pool at the bar .. you meet everyone when you hang out there .
    usually there is a an open chair in the very back somewhere where you can put your stuff or by the wall ..no one messes with things generally . That's what we do when we have no friends at the pool that day
    if you want an actual chair to sit in you have to get there early 10ish there is usually a few chairs to be found you can throw a towel or your suntan lotion on it to hold it . If you have a butler they will grab you one .

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  8. tflexxin

tflexxin Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +998 / 0
    That is untrue. Finding a spot by the pool has been a challenge for a LONG time unless you get up very early and throw your towels on one to "reserve" it. Bottle service has nothing to do with that.

9. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 1
    Just got home from 10 days there. Routinely went out around 8:30 ish and majority of chairs still available. No issues at all with chairs this trip. Had an awesome time as always!!

10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Welllll, that kind of true, but the bottle service pods, and the multiple beds certainly have reduced spots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice