split units

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gene37412, Dec 28, 2006.

1. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone give me some information on which split unit works best in the area and about what each unit cost???

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you talking about mini-split air conditioners? We have a Daewoo mini-split that works great, it's quiet and cold. Installation was a pain but so is installation of a regular window-type air conditioner.

3. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yep.....spilt unit air conditioners....I have been told that the best unit for the area and climate is equipos ecolife de 1 ton (marca carrier.....but those bad boys are over 700.00USD each....just trying to get a fell on what everyone else is using....service....reliability...cost....etc...

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mine was like $3500 pesos plus about $1500 to install (bought it at TeleBodega on Chichen). It's a little one and only has to cool one bedroom in my house. It does a great job.

Carrier is a top brand and I would consider one of theirs if I needed to cool a larger space, but we've already got a window-type unit cooling most of the rest of the house.

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have a Carrier, purchased at Costco for roughly 5000 pesos, plus 1000 for installation. We're happy with it so far, it's fairly new (July) but no problems yet and it is very quiet and works a charm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice