Spanish Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by raretail, Jun 19, 2008.

1. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone PLEASE recommend an excellent Spanish tutor for me? (besides the T.V.)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

2. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used to go to a place on Nader called Real del Bosque (i thiink) - they were pretty good and not to expensive either. It is opposite immigration - a multicolored house.

They can talior it around your needs and schedule as well.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Matkirk is thinking of El Bosque del Caribe. It's on the corner of Uxmal and Nader. http://www.cancun-language.com.mx/default.html

I went there and found it was full of visiting chain-smoking Europeans who were here to study Spanish for a month. They wanted nothing to do with an American who lived in Cancun and wouldn't even talk to me (I was the only American there at the time). It felt like high school, it was clique-y and I was miserable there. I have several other friends who've gone there and liked it, so it may have been that I picked a bad couple of weeks to study there.

I have a private Spanish tutor who is excellent, but she wouldn't want me to give her name out in public like this. Please PM me if you want her number.

4. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I went I had a private class with a friend of mine, just the 2 of us and the teacher twice a week for a total of 3 hours. So I didn't have to mingle with the Eurotrash rivergirl so fondly speaks of... :lol:

However if Rgirl knows a good private tutor, then I would recommend you follow her advice.

Good luck!

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hi
    I tried both a private tutor who visited my house and then El Bosque de Caribe.
    I preferred the class lessons at El Bosque (never larger than 4) and met some interesting people including Europeans and some very friendly and amusing Americans. The hours were fab 8am-11am .
    I intend to go back and do another week soon. If you can prove you live here they give you a discount.

Good Luck
    Tracey
    x
    ps just had a thought is this for adults or kids?

6. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tracy, It is for me...thought I would add a bit of education to my tennis and coffee.... :wink:

7. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found the best way is to come down and find a Mexican Boyfriend/Girlfiend who doesn't speak English helps.
    I am currently married to a woman who is from Mazatlan (together no for 6 years now) and that has sure helped. Remember schools only teach you "Spanish" that is formal, street language, well that is only taught there on the streets.
    Suerte :cool:

8. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If your still looking, a friend of mine is an experiences Spanish/English teacher who does private or group classes, you can send me an email @yahoo.com if you'd like his number.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice