Southwest Canceled My June Flight Without Notifying Me

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Wolfpack Couple, Jun 2, 2020.

1. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13

Ray is on it now and will continue to monitor.
    Thanks.
    We knew how SW works but did mot expect it from American or Delta, etc.
    If it goes to shit we will just be staying home like everybody else.

2. garandcar

garandcar Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    I received an email last night that points were replaced back into my account ? I checked my account this morning and our 10-21 to 10-29 flights were cancelled . I called and had to rebook , it's kind of a bummer because we had non-stops before , but now we have a 2 hour layover in Houston both ways !!! POOP !!

3. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    In March this year right at the start of all this BS drama Frontier canceled our return flight from the Dominican without telling us. No email no text no call nothing. The only way we knew about the flight being canceled is we checked. After finally finding a flight home and having two additional airlines cancel us we finally got home. After we were home I contacted Frontier to get a refund and they flat out refused. They said they are only offering a credit and the credit will be good for 2 years.

4. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    I just checked our southwest flights For 29 Aug 6 Sep and they were also Cancelled no notification either. It’s one thing to cancel them it’s another to cancel and not tell you. I just got off the phone and they have rescheduled them but if it weren’t for this forum I would not have known. Thanks for the heads up.

Update:

I called their customer service to inform that they have a problem with not notifying people of cancellations. They looked into it and told me there was a problem with their international system when flights were cancelled and it couldn’t find another flight to schedule to the system failed. They gave us 2 $50 vouchers to use in the next year. Even though I told them this was happening to other people the more of us that call maybe they will make it a priority and get it fixed so it doesn’t happen to other people. Plus you might get some vouchers.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  5. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    Just keep calling them on a regular basis, like weekly. Those $50 vouchers will start to pile up!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I rebooked on Frontier and getting the credit to work took hours. I had to use all of the credit on a single booking and was not supposed to get any benefit from what I had left over. A few days later I received notice about an offer to exchange my unused credit for points and I took that offer.

I had also booked a flight for a friend from Cancun who is coming to visit in July. One of their flights was on Frontier and it got canceled. In small print on the cancellation info was a link for a refund. I’ll see how quickly any refund appears.

7. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    Thank you I will check the email.

8. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Frontier just cancelled more July flights on me. Doesn't look like they are flying the nonstops at all.

9. Turbot

Turbot Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 1
    I was informed on Monday that flights for 3& 7July on Frontier from St. Louis/Cancún were canceled therefore vacation package was also cancelled to TTR. This was my third cancellation, May , June and now July. Also informed Charter will not begin again until 11 August. Hope this occurs because I have a trip planned for September to Breathless. Need some vacation time in Cancun.

10. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I had frontier flights that were cancelled we were told we could use the credit for a year but had to book by 6/22. I called my credit card and even though I bought the tix in Dec they took the dispute and refunded me. They charged it back to frontier. No problem since

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice