Southwest Canceled My June Flight Without Notifying Me

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Wolfpack Couple, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    I want to start by saying that if Southwest needed to cancel all flights to Cancun until July 1, 2020 then just let their customers know by calling or emailing them. I checked my flight this morning because I am a paranoid person and online my wife and I still have tickets for 6.19.20 – 6.28.20. I went one step further and decided to put my conf # in with my name and that’s when it told me my tickets were cancelled. I called Southwest and asked and they said that they had not emailed or called me but they updated their Covid – 19 message on their website with the information.

upload_2020-6-2_14-57-4.png
    upload_2020-6-2_14-57-15.png
    They had been telling me they would start flying again on June 7, 2020.

Today they said it was because of the border restrictions but as we know because Steve has told us 100 times that was just for land travel not air.

I also see other airlines have flights operating so I just wanted to warn anyone with Southwest tickets even if you have not been told you don’t have flights before July 1.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Dixierose

Dixierose Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    That happened to us also!! we changed with southwest 2x then gave up and went with American!! ALL of this is so frustrating!! We all just want to get out and have some fun!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    My fiancé and I are avid SW flyers, we have the companion pass if that says anything. They will always send an email, so whichever you have on file with your RR# or booked the flight with. It may have been sent to your junk email. Also, during this whole pandemic, we’ve noticed that our flight had been “cancelled” but they were in the process of updating it to a new flight and we noticed it prior to that taking place. Also, they update their website daily, they even have a whole COVID section that gives updates per country/city on when they will fly again or if quarantine is a requirement etc. IMO it is in the flyers best interest to check their flights often as COVID is ever changing and we can’t always rely on communication by someone else. I know SW updated their page around May 22nd with new current updates so it has been there for a while. In any event you would have gotten your points fully refunded, a voucher good through sometime in 2022 and if you paid for EB they will refund as well since they cancelled the flight. On a side note, it’s not just SW every single airline is doing and experiencing the same thing, we as consumers need to be flexible with them just as our banks and landlord etc are with us in this time of uncertainty.

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Not to be contrarian... but no email here either, to either Stacia or I, and I checked both our frequent flyer profiles email addresses and they are both right, and there was nothing in either of our junk/spam folders either.

They didn't send anything out. They were relying on their COVID response/update page... which isn't a "reach out" at all, to me.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer flying SW over just about anyone else except maybe Jet Blue... but JB isn't out of Houston to Mexico yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    I have A-list status with SW if that says anything. My wife and I only fly SW because my wife loves to earn points on our SW chase VISA by purchasing as many things possible. I have never had any issues with SW until they cancelled my flight without notifying me. They agreed that they did not send me a cancellation email. They did go out of their way to re-book me and did not charge the additional points that the new flights cost us. My main reason to even post was to put anyone on notice that may have purchased tickets for June.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. aggiemike

aggiemike Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    We had paid SWA non refundable reservations for early May that were cancelled by them in April. No refund was offered only extended ability to use funds against another ticket through next year. Some blogs claim this is not legal and that full refund should be provided when airline cancels. SWA is my prefered airline but would prefer a refund if available. Anybody sucessful in getting nonrefundable ticket refund in this situation?

7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Just tell them you ARE an Aggie!

I suggest you call and “discuss” it with Customer Service...repeatedly.
    They are making the rules up as they go along and things may have changed.

8. DeeBrian

DeeBrian Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    They canceled several flights I had booked for trips I was taking and never once notified me, 5 flights to be exact. We are avid SW customers and was very disappointed that they did this. I understand that they canceled a lot of flights but what about your truly loyal customers. Bad Customer Service in my opinion. I recommend everyone who is flying SW check their flights even into July. ~Dee

9. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    You can get a refund IF the airline cancels the flight. If you cancel then you typically get a credit.

Note we had a fight scheduled on American in April. We knew that if we cancelled we would only get a credit so we waited knowing that in the heart of all of this the flight would likely not occur. A few days before American cancelled our direct flight but auto rebooked us on connecting flights. Then the next day one of the connecting flights got cancelled and they rebooked us again. Finally the flight got cancelled. No notification. The website just provided guidance on how to get your credit. I called and insisted on a refund since the flight was cancelled. They provided a website where I had to fill out a form and a couple weeks later got the full refund.

The point of sharing is you can get a refund if you push after they cancel. And just because you have a flight scheduled doesn’t mean the flight is actually going to occur. Sadly it can be in the airlines benefit to cancel as late as possible even if they have no intention of keeping the flight. So I would be thankful that southwest cancelled this far in advance. Paul it will be interesting to see if your American flight happens. Do you check to see if the same flight is actually flying daily?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. DeeBrian

DeeBrian Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    The only way I knew that the flights were canceled is I saw a credit on my bank account from SW.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice