SOMETIMES LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunTom, Sep 29, 2008.

1. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yahoooooooo...........we found genuine Sunkist brand lemons imported from the USA in the supermarket here in Cancun, today. I almost can't believe it. I ate one as soon as we got them home, and then made some Bloody Mary's to celebrate. Photographic proof follows...............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and they are big-uns too!

[​IMG]

:lotsofmichaelf:

2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You may celebrate Tom. But my advice is to not get tooo excited.

I doubt they will last. The last time they were in Cancun was about 5 years ago. lol.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ahem..."supermarket here in Cancun..." WHICH SUPERMARKET TOM? You know there's a bunch of them, don't you? :D

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that's considered torture...to post photos, but not tell us where to find them...

When I lived in the States we were always trying to find key limes, when we could find them they were too expensive...now I'm sick of them.

5. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that Tom is keeping them to himself. :lol:

Rivergirl,
    Now you can get 3 lb bags of key limes at Walmart here in MN. For cheap. I got sick of them too.

6. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    LEMON SOURCE REVEALED

COSTCO :cheerleaders:

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They did have lemons at Costc all the time untill last year, glad they are back in stock.

8. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back from Cancun, visiting my GF. Bitched and moaned about not being able to find lemons in Mexico....especially Cancun, where there are so many Americans. Then someone said they can be found at Costco, so I'm more optimistic for my next trip. They're in that separate room with all the other fruits and vegetables.

BTW, RiverGirl....those little limes we have here in Mexico, are not Key limes. I know cuz I lived in the Keys for 16 years, and at one time, had a tree in my back yard. Key limes are actually yellow when ripe, and these little Spanish limes are nowhere close. They're also smaller than the average Key lime, and each one has the juice content of 2 Persian limes.

But I'll be more than happy to find lemons!!! Hollandaise sauce on Eggs Benedict, here we come!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice