Something you don't want to see off your coast

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by V, Oct 23, 2015.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Manzanillo, Mexico Enhanced Weather Satellite Map - AccuWeather.com

Cancun has the distinction of having had the strongest hurricane on record, with Wilma in 2005; now, the west coast of Mexico is about to be hit by what the NOAA is expecting to be a record setting eastern Pacific Ocean hurricane, Patricia.

In the comments on the typhoon the NOAA says the lowest barometric pressures ever recorded for a typhoon have been measured by Air Force recon flights into the eye of the storm.

Hurricane PATRICIA Forecast Discussion

[This storm is not expected to directly affect weather in Cancun which, by the way, has been very nice the last three days- lots of sun, just occasional rain.]

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Very nasty indeed. I remember going to Cancun the Spring Break after Wilma hit.... was still a lot of devastation. So much so that we couldn't stay at the hotel we originally booked and got moved to another resort. Praying for all those in the path!

3. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    Good luck to anyone in the path of that monster. Hopefully it pushes inland fast and loses strength quickly!

4. southsoundfun

southsoundfun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    There was a resort called Punta Serena just North of La Manzanilla that I went to back in 2010. I think the eye of the hurricane just passed over that resort. was a fun little place but is probably destroyed by now.

Oh,, and we had friends on a LL trip in Puerto Vallarta. as of this morning, they were being bused to Guadalajara. I feel terrible for them.

5. Lukegainz

Lukegainz Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep been there during a hurricane

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice