some Qs

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by cromlechi, Sep 29, 2013.

1. dynamite

dynamite Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    Do people walk on the beach selling glasses and other stuff?

2. MACLAN

MACLAN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think the best tip we can give you is to read the forums and past reviews of people going. There are a lot of great reviews and many offer there views on cool stuff to do.

Booze Cruise is a must, your liver won't thank you and your brain will be 50/50... part headache and part oh my god that was great!

3. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We always take at least $300 in ones and another $100 in fives. A few extra tips here or there sure helps. Oliver in patyos sees us coming and he make our drinks , even if there is a line. He is the best. Even the waiters in the buffet have us sit in their section and give us super service, because they know we will tip them well. Its terrible when people eat and leave nothing.

4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Thats a fact. Mexico isnt cheap anymore. Matter of fact, in some cases, it's more than we pay here. Then again, it's very commercialized and it is a tourist area.

5. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 2
    I save the tourist activities for ports when we go on cruises...In Cancun, the only shopping I'm gonna do is at the Temptation bars. There's a great selection, and you can't beat the prices! Beer, shots, frozen drinks, mixers...

6. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Timeshares:
    When you get your luggage and clear customs at the Cancun airport, you'll then walk down a hallway toward the exit. Your transport will be outside (USA Transfers is great--there's a link to them in the sticky's at the top of this forum). Inside, there are MANY people trying to get your attention, offering free stuff if you come with them, even saying they are your tour company. Just say "no thanks" and keep walking. They're all timeshare people.

When you check in at TTR, the desk people will send you to sit down with someone for an "introduction" or something. That person is a timeshare rep. They will want you to nail down an appointment for a "tour," offer you free stuff, then ask for a $10 donation to "reserve your spot." There is NO reason to do this if you don't want a timeshare, and the presentation can take hours. They don't want to take no for an answer, and if you do say no, they will call your room early in the morning! I recommend just telling them you're a repeat guest and have already been on the tour, and I would like to go directly to my room. Then, unplug your phone.

Reserve Chichen Itsa when you get there so you can work around weather and maybe even go with new friends from the hotel.

Coco Bongos is every Monday night, I think. It's worth it!

Steve's Boobs Cruise is a "must-do!"

Shopping: anything with a fixed price tag is non-negotiable. If there's no tag, you barter. Generally, it seems like you wind up paying about half of what they originally quote you. I've been told that once you start negotiating, though, that they expect you to buy. So if it's price dependent, I usually tell them up front "I only have $X with me, and I don't want to waste your time...is this going to be in my range?"

7. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    YEP......the Boobs Cruise is a MUST DO!

8. GSpot69

GSpot69 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    Yup ask my wife, we did our first and she fed the fish for 7 hrs. The crew puts on a great day even when your sitting at the back of the boat all day. Lol.:wuerg011:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice