Some more pics

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Nalisa, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    I saw a reply that there were pics of Fetish night and facebook...so I went exploring and found that Oasis Viva has its own page. I am on Steve's facebook page that he created for GOV but had not found this one. Thought I would share.

https://www.facebook.com/OasisViva

Looks a lot more promising.....
    Now if Tue would just get here so I can get there....so ready to get away!!!

2. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    and just found this on trip advisor

“An "good enough" three star hotel oriented to a younger crowd”
    [​IMG]Reviewed yesterday NEW
    Stayed here for four nights after had been relocated from Oasis Sens since they overbook their hotel.

The pros
    + Good dinner, breakfest, lunch and buffet service. The food always ranged from eadible to good and you will always find something you like.
    + "Good enough" alternative restaurants (they don't excel the ordinary buffet options though).
    + Staff is generelly serviceminded with some that are very much so and still some that are not so much.
    + "Good enough" pool and beach area, there's no shortage of beds or shade, a fact that should't be overlooked in Cancun!
    + "Good enough" activities. The staff respects if you don't want to participate and will gladly accept your participation.
    + Good coffee bar.
    + The gym is small but a "good enough" hotel gym.
    + All rooms have oceanview.
    + All in all a good three star hotell.

The cons
    - The beach is long and shallow, may suit some taste and may not suit others.
    - Too few elevators.
    - The rooms decour is dated, the AC doesn't work all that well.
    - The cleaning in the rooms is average.
    - The hotel was full with a younger crowd (mainly americans and canadians aimong at reliving spring brake) that take full advantage of that alcohol is included in the AI package. This is NOT a hotel for relaxation!
    - The snack bar and "between the main course restaurants don't offer any healthy options like fruit or what-not.
    - It's practicly impossible to come by drinking water (!). In the buffets the guest should have the option to take normal non-carbonhydrated water and to have to go to a bar and wait in line for a glas of water when laying on the beach is a very unpractical, the only place with free drinking water is the gym.
    - The hotels concept is EXTREMLY sexist ( as would somewhat accepted in Mexico), Kinky night club, free topless catamaran? Strippers and pole dancing on the beach? Come on!

One last thing, don't fall for the VIP welcome package unless if you don't want to waste an hour of your vavation on a time share selling pitch.

• Stayed February 2014

3. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    SOunds great!!

4. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    " The hotels concept is EXTREMLY sexist ( as would somewhat accepted in Mexico), Kinky night club, free topless catamaran? Strippers and pole dancing on the beach? Come on!"

I think that's what a lot of people want, no? And I think the reviewer meant to write "EXTREMELY sexy"!!

5. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    The Cons

- The beach is long and shallow
    - Too few elevators
    - The hotel was full with a younger crowd (mainly americans and canadians)
    - Take full advantage of that alcohol is included in the AI package.
    - This is NOT a hotel for relaxation!
    - It's practicly impossible to come by drinking water
    - The hotels concept is EXTREMLY sexist
    - Kinky night club, free topless catamaran? Strippers and pole dancing on the beach? Come on!

Sound to me like all the cons to the hotel are finally picking up the pace, I didn't see anything wrong there, and who drinks that much water on vacation anyway lol

6. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks for the investigatory report, we agree, things are looking great...

7. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Between that Facebook page and reports like these, I'm optimistic about the people who are probably booking right now. Just wish there were more of us for late June!

8. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The beach isn't shallow!!! If you want shallow, walk down to Riu Palace Las Americas. There are a couple of very small rocky areas (think 20 ft x 20 ft). However both of these are home to a huge school of needle fish. The water is over 6 ft deep deep at the extreme south end of the beach (at the ropes).

Thanks goodness, no mention of Russians.
    However, they do need to do something to get more topless gals in the pools.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice