solymar versus hotetur, which one to choose

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by itt, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i stayed at solymar in march 06, not the greatest hotel in the world but also not the junkiest, dont expect much there is one restaurant with no variety (however the breakfast is amazing) pool is ok, this was just after wilma and u could still see a lot of damage (beachside grill/bar was in ruins) beach itself was nice as they just redid it, they screwed our rooms up but they instead gave us a mini suite which was cool, watch them though on ure check in and check out we had a bellman tell us a day early that we were scheduled to check out that day and not the next day they didnt know anything and thought we were checking out the fri not the saturday but after a half hour we straightened everything out, only 3 floors no elevator and sliding doors were so junky all u had to do was click the lock hard and anyone could get in

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    gabesz... do you happen to own a condo/unit at the Solymar?

3. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't understand the big deal. You pay for your room. My theory, don't let the people check out until the room is inspected.... If something is wrong with it, make them pay, and if they can't, call the local police...

No word from them today...

I've looked for a few more places, but not much luck yet.

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wellt hats good in theory but I am sure they don't have the man power or the time to do that...

5. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the main reason they charge u the damage fee is in case at the end of the week they find their room trashed they have ure credit card to cover the costs of the damages u did, this is all thanks to rowdy spring breakers of the past that would destroy hotel rooms and the hotel then had to eat it, they are only protecting themselves but 750 is ridicolous!!!! however everytime i put it on my card they remove it at check out

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah 750 is crazy..I wouldn't do that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice