Solo male traveller to Cancun. Advice requested!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by nyc-traveller, Mar 28, 2015.

1. nyc-traveller

nyc-traveller Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi!

I'm a 31 year old guy who's decided to escape the NYC cold and take a 3 day weekend to Cancun in mid April. Most of what I want to do is get a few massages, drink some cocktails, and read some books. I'm a bit of a foodie too, but it sounds like I won't be too in love with the food any place.

I would probably also enjoy some socializing and night time partying, although I can't imagine myself staying up until 6am. Perhaps unusually, I'm a solo married traveler (my wife recently took her own solo trip to Italy). As a consequence, while I'm in a non-monogamous relationship and might not turn down an interesting woman, hooking up isn't a big concern for me or the reason I'm visiting.

I've never been to Cancun and so am having a hard time figuring out where I might enjoy, although I've narrowed it down to all inclusives:

Grand Oasis -- nice resort with a nice beach. Has some of the party atmosphere of Oasis, but a much nicer hotel and probably has opportunities for quiet.

Temptation -- moderately nice resort, but not a luxury resort. Nice people who probably would be willing to socialize and not be weirded out by my status as a solo married traveller. Unclear to me if good for just relaxing. (may not have room availability any more at the time I would go)

Le Blanc -- one of the nicest hotels. Probably great for relaxing and massages. Would probably feel pretty out of place.

Club Med Cancun -- seems like another moderately nice resort. Can't decide if the encouraged socialization and activities are too cheesy feeling for me. Seems like it would be accepting of a guy visiting by himself.

I've read a bit on these forums, but can't make up my mind very well on this. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what might be a good fit!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

You can delete Temptations of your list , Been sold out for a while

3. nyc-traveller

nyc-traveller Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah, yea you appear to be right. I could have sworn I checked availability yesterday and there was a little remaining space if I adjusted my day by one, but I must have entered wrong information. However, all the others do seem to have space. Might any of these others be decent options? Is there anything else I should consider?

4. Pilsnerfan

Pilsnerfan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey NYC, I'm quite literally in the same boat. Wife had had a couple trips recently and I'm flying solo to Cancun as well. Also coincidentally enough we are non monogamous and while meeting someone is not the purpose of my trip I'm not opposed either.
    I did a lot of research for quite quite a while before finally choosing oasis sens. It seemed to hit all my wants and was very reasonably priced. 1660 for a week including fees and taxes.
    We've been to Temptation and it was fun but not the nicest resort in the world. I feel like that one would have been less fun solo.
    Oasis sens has had mixed reviews but I was still convinced it would be fun as a solo traveller.

5. Pilsnerfan

Pilsnerfan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BTW I'm going April 7-14

6. njscuba

njscuba Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was wondering how your trip went solo? I'm heading to the Grand Oasis Sen in 2 weeks. Any tips?

7. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

this posts was last April

8. David77

David77 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heading solo to cancun next week I am 37 male... Suggestions of where to find female companion to party at night?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice