Soccer and basebal question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Cancun crazy, Feb 10, 2008.

1. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol: hand grenades!!! Those meaty things that are kept in what looks like a fish tank and served with red onion. They taste better than they look actually.

What were those things called by the entrance - like bread rolls with Argentinian sausage in - man they were the best, with a bit of chimi churi and mayo!
    Churrii ... something or other, dammit what were they.

Only a few more weeks to go! Many a fun evening was spent at baseball - one inning - one beer (got fun by the 5th inning or so)

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK jen. Count me in.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The "kibi" or "hand grenade" is a reflection of the Lebanese influence on the Yucatan peninsula....

http://gastronomia-mexicana.blogspot.com/2007/03/kibis-ahhh.html

I just wish I knew why they are always sold on the beach, not a very beachy treat. But then again I don't think "Ahhh, the beach, going to get me a big gooey donut"..... :wink:

4. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    on the Tigres website, is there a way to translate it to English? I'd like to get some info on them as well, but cant seem to find a link

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  6. jimelko

jimelko Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I 'll be in Cancun next week 22-29 want to catch a game. Where is the ball park located and how much are tickets ? I did not see that info on either the english or spanish sites .you all do not know how much I am looking forward to seeing a baseball game , It has been a long winter here in upstate NY and our local team , Rochester Red Wings , do not have their first home game till April 11th.

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The soccer stadium and the baseball stadium are more or less on Av. Kabah between Xcaret, the "Walmart street", and Yaxchilan, where Costco is on the corner.

If you are at Walmart you would continue farther on that street and turn left at the second light after Walmart, which is La Luna to the left and La Costa to the right, and the soccer stadium is dead ahead of you.

From that point the baseball stadium is behind the soccer stadium but you have to continue (west) on La Luna to the intersection of Kabah, then take a left to the next light and then left again.

Problem is if you are driving the police close the streets for the soccer games so you have to get as close as you can. You can pretty much walk to either one in 10 minutes from the Walmart parking lot. But if you are going to the baseball game it would be a shorter walk if you got yourself behind Sam's Club and then made a right at the first incersection and then a right at the next light, where there is an OXXO on the left corner.

That is where they are which is what you asked, and the cheapest way to get there, confusing as I have seemed to make it as I read my own words.

8. jimelko

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

LOL sounds easy

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    TJ's directions are spot on, but for the more simple version.

Get a bus to Walmart, look behind it and walk towards the floodlights. You should be able to see them from quite far off.

Or just hop in a cab near to the Walmart entrance and it shouldn't cost you more than $3.

10. jimelko

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I went to game last Tues night , park very easy to find right behind Walmart easy walk . , It is great fun , the vendors made the night , and a very good level of baseball played , any one who enjoys baseball should go to game while in Cancun. it was a great night.the joven in the box office was very helpful in explaining times prices etc knowing to speak very clearly, slowly us tourist could understand his spanish ,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice