So with NAFTA and other stuff I hear mixed reports on the work environment

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by canukcun, Nov 7, 2017.

1. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Feel open to reply in general to the topic or if you'd like to reply specifically to my situation or both you are invited to reply more specifically.

I've been getting mixed reports from people I have been chatting with on how things in Mexico are going regarding capital inflows and employment rates.

I heard that tourism is doing well due to the low value of the Peso recently. USD seems to be 1 or 2 pesos to the dollar higher than it normally has been, but it doesn't seem drastically higher. perhaps 5 to 10% higher value.

So if this is benefiting tourism (although I understand that low season will continue for another month or so) are import prices driving costs up for locals or is it business as usual?

Second question being, what is the work environment like. I recently finished an honors BA in cultural type studies (honors history major, anthropology/archaeolgy, applied languages, and legal studies minors), but I am still doing some certificate training in construction trades (masonry currently, but then hvac, plumbing, electrical, and welding) up until the end of August.

I am considering doing a masters but I am also interested in potentially looking for work in the place I love to be the most, that being Q.Roo area.

Are there any demands for any types of workers that have supply shortages in Cancun/Playa and area currently?

Although I am hoping to go into masters studies when my current year of training is completed, I am curious how the current and future job market will be seeking any inputs from extranjeros.

As the weather gets colder here I find myself remembering how much more I like being down there, but I am basically tied down here unless I try to do grad studies down there, or get work or something.

What is going down there in regard to the economy and employment field?

An update of my biopage
    William Ashley | Homeage.

Always seeking more information on how I can go about establishing myself down there on a longer term basis, and getting a non tourist visa for the purpose of residence or employment.

While I could just go down for 6 months, I want to stay progressive.

I am also wondering if anyone has info on quarries of limestone, laws regarding quarrying limestone, concrete industry in Q.Roo and if there is a demand for masons in Q.Roo. Last I was aware the construction industry was in the progress of scooping up day labour, however I am curious if there is a demand for construction industry workers, and if there is a college of trades, or formal apprenticeship system in Q.Roo. I am also curious if any seawalls have been proposed to protect coastal tourist areas from expected water increases, using hydraulic roman cement or other materials that will survive and strengthen. As there are volcanos in central america, I would think obtaining volcanic ash for hydraulic roman cement for seawalls would be not as cost prohibitive as other areas. Does the Mexican gov has any plans to build coastal defences to searise? Already areas are prone to flooding in places like PDC? With such vast amounts of limestone, why have seawalls not been built? Any chance of employment in building seawalls?

I'd like to specialize in stone/masonry etc.. my studies have heavily focused on medieval / premodern construction, including mesoamerican archaeology. My current trades programming however is more related to ICI and residential.

Are there any English based grad programs that would be able to gain entry on an upper second class honours degree in Q.Roo or in Mexico that would have field studies in Q.Roo?

In absence of that any good technical schools that I can learn more Spanish, and get calculus and other math skills to start civil engineering training?

Very interested in getting my foot in the door. Any ruin sites that need help for excavation etc..?

Anyone have any idea?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Also I am wondering if there are any good resources on resume construction for Mexico, and if standards elsewhere are the same as Mexico. When I did my teacher training they stated a photo, relationship status age etc.. should all be included in the resume, is this true?

If anyone has advice on what could work from my bio that might actually applicable to getting work, something that a work visa would be provided for kindly share. Are any of my certs or training going to be applicable to work in Mexico? Does anyone know anyone who has done a master's program in Mexico after studying at a foreign school?

Feedback sought, or if anyone knows any services that do headhunting or consultation on this I am very curious. I'm guessing like most places it is all who you know and what skills you have.

As my page was down as I had to rush off to work as I was called in to do security at a strip club last minute, anyone who happens to see this and saw a dead link, I have provided the info on the page at William Ashley | Homeage.

Apologies for the text wall.

upload_2017-11-8_4-10-32.png upload_2017-11-8_4-10-32.png

##########, B.A. (Hons)

Faculty of Arts: Post-Degree Student

Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Major: History Minors: Anthropology, Applied Language Studies, Legal Studies

I am a Post-Degree Student at University of Waterloo. As of October 21st 2017 I have completed an Honours History Bachelor of Arts with minors in Anthropology, Applied Languages and Legal Studies. This follows a 3 year History B.A. completed in 2013. I am currently studying in a full time Brick and Stone Masonry Certificate program to further my knowledge of masonry with real world experience. Previously, I completed a term of Electrical Engineering Technology at Confederation College prior to returning to the University of Waterloo to upgrade my 3 year BA. Over the course of my studies at the University of Waterloo, I had the opportunity to participate in a number of exchanges including a Summer program at the Bader International Study Centre in the UK, through Queen's University of Canada. I am very thankful for the experience, and recommend this program to anyone interested in Archeology, Medieval or Roman history. For more information follow this link. Upon return to Canada I attended the University of Quebec at Chicoutimi for my 3rd installment of the Explore French Immersion Program, and I am also thankful for the opportunity to refresh my knowledge of French. I intend to continue my studies related to historic buildings at the professional or graduate level. After my current Brick and Stone program I intend to follow up with Carpentry, Plumbing, Welding and HVAC studies. I am particularly interested in three programs, the first of which is the MSc in Conservation Sciences at Weald and Downlands Open Air Museum. I am particularly interested in working on cultural preservation / conservation projects globally, perhaps putting together, teaching, security, investigation, and maintenance of cultural sites.

Degrees Awarded
    Degree: Bachelor of Arts
    Honours History
    Anthropology Minor
    Applied Language Studies Minor
    Legal Studies Minor
    Confer Date: October 21, 2017
    Degree: Bachelor of Arts
    Three-Year General History
    Confer Date: June 12, 2013

Post Secondary Education Current and Past Courses
    1. University of Waterloo Past Courses - Completed as Part of Honours Bachelor Degree

Course Number, Title, and Description Credits
    HIST 110 A History of the Western World I 0.50
    Description This course will survey the emergence and development of the Western world, from prehistory to 1715. Complementing the chronological and narrative overview of Western culture and civilization will be thematic surveys of developments in the arts and humanities, science, and socio-political structures.

HIST 200 History and Film 0.50
    Description An introduction to issues in modern cultural history through the study of selected narratives and documentary films with supplementary reading, lectures and discussions.

HIST 209 Health, Disease and Medicine in Canadian History, 1500 to the Present a.k.a. Smallpox to Medicare: Canadian Medical History 0.50
    Description Starting with Aboriginal medicine, the course examines topics such as the rise of the medical and nursing professions, changing public attitudes to health and disease, and the evolution of the Canadian health insurance system.
    HIST 224 Food, Culture, and History 0.50
    Description This course will examine the role of foodstuffs and foodways in world history, with an emphasis on Canada in the 20th century. Themes such as colonialism, immigration, ethnic identity, religion, gender, famine, and political policy will be examined to explore how food, and its associated habits and customs, has been central to the evolution of cultural patterns of the past.

HIST 236 Law and Society in the Middle Ages 0.50
    Description A study of the laws and legal procedures of the Middle Ages. The course examines the relationship between legal procedures and institutions and the medieval societies that produced them.

HIST 247 Mennonite History: A Survey 0.50
    Description This course covers Mennonite origins, teachings, migrations, settlement patterns, divisions, leaders, institutions, and religious and social practices, indeed all facets of Mennonite history in various national settings.

HIST 250 The Art and Craft of History a.k.a. What is History? An Introduction to Historical Thinking 0.50
    Description This course provides a collegial learning setting within which students are introduced to techniques of historical writing and research, and some examples of the best of recent historical scholarship.

HIST 253 Canadian History: The Colonial Period a.k.a. Canada: Cultures and Conflicts in the Colonial Era 0.50
    Description This course examines the major themes in pre-Confederation Canadian history including the rise and fall of New France, the creation of British North American societies in the Maritimes and Upper Canada, and economic and political development.

HIST 260 Europe: 410-1303 0.50
    Description The political, cultural, economic, and ecclesiastical development of Europe from the fall of the Roman Empire to the end of the High Middle Ages.

HIST 275 International History a.k.a. The Modern World in Historical Perspective 0.50
    Description This survey of the 20th century explores the non-Western world's response to a series of selected global themes: the rise of the West; post-colonialism; war and peace; human migration; culture; international organizations; climate change; human rights; disease; and globalization.
    HIST 277 Canadian Legal History 0.50
    Description This course examines the Canadian legal system from colonial times to the present with particular emphasis on such themes as law and the economy, courts and judiciary, the legal profession, family and criminal law, women and the law, and civil liberties.

HIST 332 (Completed on Exchange at Bader International Study Center via Queens University at Herstmonceaux Castle Medieval Britain 0.50
    Description Medieval Britain, is a course which combines history and archaeology in order to better understand the development of the British Isles during a formative period in its’ history. Covering approximately 1,000 years, from the Fall of the Roman Empire in the early 5th century to the end of the Hundred Years War in the mid- fifteenth century, the course explores the formation and evolution of medieval society and culture. Emphasis is placed upon the role played by various invading groups, such as the Anglo-Saxons, Vikings and Normans, as well as the influence of new ideas related to trade, war and religious practice. Evidence acquired from archaeological sources will play a significant role, and in preparation for the site excavation component, a significant proportion of the course will be focused upon rural life in the medieval period.

HIST 374 Canada's Social History 0.50
    Description A topical consideration of key themes, approaches, and chronologies in the history of society in Canada.

HIST 380 History of the Canadian North: From Pre-contact to the Creation of Nunavut 0.50
    Description The idea of "northerness" is central to our national identity, yet few "southern" Canadians have an appreciation of the historical development of Northern Canada. This course will focus on political, social, cultural, and environmental histories, and will introduce students to major themes in Canadian Northern history, from pre-contact to the creation of the territory of Nunavut in 1999.

IST 402A Medieval Europe 1.00
    Description Selected themes in the historiography and methodology of medieval European history, with a focus on Environmental History. Term paper related to medieval construction.

HIST 490 Independent Study Unit 1.00
    Description Research and annotated bibliography preparation related to medieval water systems.

HIST 450 History Capstone 1.00
    Description The Capstone challenges students with an opportunity to synthesize and showcase, at a high level of achievement, the disciplinary skills and knowledge they have gained during the course of their studies in History. It encourages students to pursue individual research interests and presentation formats as limited only by historical methodology, academic rigour, and the consent of the instructor.Focus of term project was related to researching conservation science, historic preservation and the like and preparing a website on the subject.

CLAS 100 An Introduction to Classical Studies 0.50
    Description An introduction to Greek and Roman civilization, focusing on six key aspects of the discipline of classical studies: history, literature, philosophy, myth and religion, art and architecture, and classical archaeology.

CLAS 105 Introduction to Medieval Studies 0.50
    Description An introduction to Medieval European civilization focusing on essential aspects of the discipline: history, literature, philosophy, religion, art, architecture and archaeology, law, and science and technology.
    CLST 206 - Completed at the Bader International Study Center via Queens University at Herstmonceaux Castle Roman Britain 0.50
    Description This course aims to provide students with an introduction to the history and archaeology of Roman Britain, from the invasions of Julius Caesar to the Roman withdrawal in 410 A.D. With the Claudian invasion of 43 A.D. Britain was drawn into the Roman sphere of influence and the Iron Age culture of the Celtic speaking peoples inhabiting the island was forever changed. The British Isles was rapidly transformed through war and subjugation, the development of towns and villas, increased trade and manufacturing and through integration into the Roman Empire.

CLAS 251 Greek History 0.50
    Description A survey of ancient Greek history, from the Bronze Age to Alexander the Great, emphasizing particularly its political and military aspects.

ANTH 101 Human and Cultural Evolution 0.50
    Description This course surveys the evolution of the human species and outlines our cultural development from the earliest tool use through the beginnings of civilization. Lecture topics include evolutionary theory, human and primate fossil remains, and archaeological evidence concerning the origins and development of culture.
    ANTH 102 Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology 0.50
    Description The dynamic nature of cultural systems is examined. Topics include language, technology, social organization, economics, politics, and religion. Data are drawn from a broad global and historical ethnographic base.
    ANTH 201 Principles of Archeology 0.50
    Description An introduction to the working assumptions, analytic approaches, and integrative and descriptive methods of archaeological anthropology.
    ANTH 202 Social and Cultural Anthropology 0.50
    Description This course introduces students to fundamental principles of social and cultural anthropology through the reading of ethnographies and supplementary materials as well as the study of films. It examines how anthropologists have used ethnographic approaches to explore the challenges of colonialism, nationalism, genocide, and globalization.
    ANTH 233 Inuit and Eskimo Cultures 0.50
    Description An examination of Inuit and Eskimo cultures of Alaska, Canada, and Greenland from their prehistoric origins to the present. Administrative systems imposed upon the Inuit and Eskimo will be analyzed and compared, as will the contemporary problems these communities face.
    ANTH 260 Human Evolution 0.50
    Description Data, methods and theory in the study of the origin and evolution of humans are surveyed. Topics will include genetic theory, primate evolution, human fossils and modern human adaptation.

ANTH 300 Practicing Anthropology 0.50
    Description Thinking anthropologically means bringing observations and empirical findings into a dialogue with theoretical approaches. This course explores how anthropologists have developed the methods they use, considers how they interpret their findings through such lenses as functionalism and structuralism, and examines how they formulate critiques of fieldwork.
    ANTH 321 Archeology of Complex Cultures 0.50
    Description Cultural development from the agricultural revolution to the rise of literacy. Special attention to the development of agriculture as a means of subsistence and to the rise of early civilization. Areas and periods of emphasis will vary from year to year.
    ANTH 322 The Archeology of the Great Lakes Area 0.50
    Description An in-depth study of the archaeological evidence for prehistoric cultures in the Great Lakes area from their arrival ca. 11,000 years ago to the coming of Europeans. Cultural ecology and cultural evolution will be stressed.
    ANTH 351 Indigenous Practices Relations: A Comparative Approach 0.50
    Description An examination of the legal, social, and cultural position of indigenous communities within the nation-state. The course will compare Canada's relationships to those in the United States, New Zealand and/or Australia, and South America.
    APPLS 205R Second Language Acquisition 0.50
    Description This course introduces major theories of second language acquisition along with reasons for variations in the speed and accuracy of learner progress. It addresses such issues as error analysis, grammatical accuracy, and the effectiveness of bilingual or immersion education
    APPLS 301 Language, Culture, and Identity 0.50
    Description This course provides an introductory overview of fundamental concepts of language, culture, and identity and relates them to foreign/second language learning and teaching. The course is not language-specific but rather addresses general questions related to learning and using more than one language.
    APPLS 304R Theoretical Foundations for English Language Teaching 0.50
    Description This course offers a foundation for developing competence as a professional second language instructor. In classes exploring theories of second language instruction, students discover the strengths and weaknesses of traditional and popular methodologies and integrated approaches applied to such areas as communicative competence and general language skill development.
    APPLS 306R Second Language Assessment and Testing 0.50
    Description This course explores the principles of second language testing - reliability, validity, practicality, authenticity, and impact - and applies them to language classrooms and high stakes proficiency tests such as the TOEFL. It considers the implications of testing for both teachers and students. Of interest to prospective teachers of English and other languages.
    LAT 100A Introductory Latin 1 0.50
    Description A course designed for students beginning the study of Latin or who have not yet reached the level expected in LAT 201/202. Although the teaching approach emphasizes exposure to simple texts as soon as possible, students desiring minimal competence in reading should go on to do LAT 102.
    SPAN 102 Introduction to Spanish 2 0.50
    Description This course is a continuation of SPAN 101, with emphasis being placed on more advanced elements of Spanish grammar and the spoken language. Students will be provided with a range of opportunities to gain practical insights into the customs and cultural contexts of the contemporary Spanish-speaking world.

SPAN 201A Greek History 0.50
    Description Intermediate Spanish 1.
    FR 151 Basic French 1 0.50
    Description An intensive beginner course for students having no prior knowledge of French. Emphasizes listening, reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
    FR 192A French Language 1: Module 1 0.50
    Description An intensive French Language course. Vocabulary enrichment and development of reading, writing and oral expression. Completed as Credit from studies through UofA Campus Saint Jean at St. Anne La Pocatiere through the Explore Program.
    FR 1xx (*) Greek History 0.50
    Description Completed from Credit obtained during Intermediate French Studies at UQAC at Chicoutimi as part of the Explore Program
    SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology 0.50
    Description An introduction to the basic concepts and frames of reference of sociological investigation and interpretation. Topics for analysis will include communities, associations and institutions, classes and status groups, crowds and publics, social processes, and social change. Special attention is given to Canadian society.
    LS 101 Introduction to Legal Studies 0.50
    Description An introduction to the study of law, its structure, and legal institutions from a cross-cultural and historical perspective. This interdisciplinary course examines the origins of legal systems and their impact on society. Included is an analysis of the diverse historical, political, economic, and cultural conditions under which law arises and functions within society.

PACS 202 Conflict Resolution 0.50
    Description An examination of the resolution of conflicts, ranging from interpersonal to broader social and international conflicts. Students are introduced to negotiation, mediation, and nonviolent resistance, and are encouraged to develop their own theoretical understandings that aid in addressing conflict.
    LS 229 Selected Topics in Criminology 0.50
    Description Sociological analysis of research and theory on selected criminal activities. Motivation, modus operandi, and the social characteristics of offenders will be examined in relation to such specific crimes as drug and sexual offenses, theft, robbery, murder, organized crime, and/or other criminal activities.
    LS 327 Policing in a Democratic Society 0.50
    Description A critical examination of the police as social control agents in contemporary democratic societies. Topics include the historical evolution of policing; police recruitment, training, and education; police/community relations; the occupational subculture of the police; police authority and discretion; private policing; and police deviance and criminality.
    LS 236 ( HIST 236) Law and Society in the Middle Ages 0.50
    Description A study of the laws and legal procedures of the Middle Ages. The course examines the relationship between legal procedures and institutions and the medieval societies that produced them. LS CROSSLISTED
    LS 277 ( HIST 277) Canadian Legal History 0.50
    Description This course examines the Canadian legal system from colonial times to the present with particular emphasis on such themes as law and the economy, courts and judiciary, the legal profession, family and criminal law, women and the law, and civil liberties. LS CROSSLISTED
    LS 300 Sociology of Law 0.50
    Description Examines the social construction of law and its administration as a social process. Topics will include: law as an instrument of social control and social change; legal culture; the identification and evaluation of criminal suspects; the trial process and the rights of special groups. The specific laws highlighted will vary.
    LS 351 Philosophy of Law 0.50
    Description Basic themes in the philosophy of law. Issues include the nature of law and its relation to morality and politics, legal reasoning, the justification of punishment, and theories of rights, responsibility and liability.
    DRAMA 100 Introduction to Theater 0.50
    Description This course introduces students to the processes of text-based theatre creation and production. Students produce an existing play text by developing and implementing an original conceptual approach. Prior experience in theatre-making is not required.
    MUSIC 100 Understanding Music 0.50
    Description The styles, forms, techniques, and terminology of Western music through lectures and listening, as exemplified by great works from all eras of music history.
    MUSIC 275 Music and Technology 0.50
    Description A hands-on introduction to music and technology, including recording, audio editing, digital signal processing, and MIDI. Course work will foster a practical understanding of digital music production software and techniques, and involve electroacoustic or acoustic composition.
    ENGL 304 Designing with Digital Sound 0.50
    Description In this course, students will be introduced to sound analysis and production. Students will learn to record, edit, and implement sound in a variety of linear and non-linear media forms, with emphasis on film and video games.
    2. Confederation College - Past Courses Completed toward Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology (0844)
    Course Number, Title, and Description Hours per week
    MA 133 Mathematics I 5
    Description This introductory technical mathematics course provides a review of arithmetic fundamentals and aims to sharpen students' basic mathematical skills. Students will have the opportunity to further develop mathematical problem solving techniques as applied to the different technical areas. After successful completion of this course, the student will be able to solve application problems involving numeracy, measurement and units, basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and vectors.
    EL 161 Electrical I 5
    Description This course is divided into theory and practical exercise components. The theory component will allow students to calculate resistance, current and voltage in D.C. series, parallel, and series/parallel circuits. Students are also introduced to power supplies and meter configuration and implementation. The theory concepts will be reinforced in the practical exercise component by allowing students to predict circuit parameter values before entering the lab and verifying calculations through circuit construction and actual measurements.
    EL 167 Electronics I 3
    Description This course introduces the students to electronic fabrication techniques and safety programs.
    EL 165 Digital I 3
    Description This course is an introduction to digital logic systems that are found in all computers. Students will focus on number systems, binary arithmetic, logic gates, Boolean algebra and integrated circuits.
    EL 166 Computer Systems 3
    Description The personal computer has been adopted into society as an essential business tool as well as a family entertainment and information appliance. The PC's impact on society has markedly and steadily increased ever since IBM introduced its first mass market PC, the IBM PC, in the early 1980's. The rapid rate of change of the power and capabilities of the personal computer is a major contributing factor to the significant impact the PC has had on our lives. EL166 is designed to give the layperson an understanding of the impact on society of the PC by acquiring an appreciation of the changing technologies within the PC. Rather than simply studying these technologies at a distance, students will experience these technologies with hands-on labs in addition to other methods of learning. This hands-on approach will help students to become better-informed consumers for both personal and business computer acquisitions as well as help students to gain an appreciation for and understanding of computing technologies.
    CS 219 Communications for Technology 3
    Description This course emphasizes the importance of oral and written communication in an industrial and business setting. In Communications for Technology, students will work on independent and group projects and apply problem-solving techniques to develop both their individual and team building skills. Students will apply computer-technology and a variety of resources for researching, writing and presenting technical data into a clear and concise format.
    MC 165 Microsoft Office 2
    Description This course introduces students to the use of Microsoft Office and Windows 10. Specifically, students will use introductory features of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to perform tasks commonly expected in the workplace. The lectures are delivered in a laboratory environment using textbook exercises and assignments. Home assignments will require the learner to acquire the MS Office suite of programs in order to complete and submit their assignments.

3. Conestoga College - Courses Brick and Stone Masonry Fundamentals Certificate
    Course Number, Title, and Description Credits
    CARP1270 Carpentry Theory and Practice 64 Hours - 4 Credits
    Description Students will apply theory in a shop environment through hands on practice and by completing small scale carpentry projects. Students will be instructed on the proper use of common carpentry hand and power tools and practice safe use of the common tools encountered on a construction site specifically related to the Carpentry field. In addition, students will identify materials used within the residential sector and learn to read simple drawings and specifications. Students will be expected to interact with others in a professional manner consistent with industry best practices.
    COMM1505 Communications and Employment Strategies 48 Hours - 3 Credits
    Description This course prepares students for entry into Brick and Stone apprenticeship and trades programs. Students will learn how to develop and improve the communication skills and knowledge needed to complete the following tasks: read with understanding, interpret and analyze information, think critically, express ideas in writing, support opinions with details, and exercise effective listening and speaking skills. Emphasis is placed on communication with co-workers, supervisors and employers in a trades environment. Students will develop job search, interview and resume writing skills.
    MASO1200 Masonry Safety 32 Hours - 2 Credits
    Description This safety course provides information on safe and unsafe working conditions and practices on a typical masonry jobsite. Students will learn the procedures for lifting, platform work, hoisting and proper rigging techniques. Students will also learn to inspect the job site, determine hazards and to use proper tag-out and lock-out procedures, as well as recognize situations that are deemed unsafe in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act. They will learn to address unsafe conditions to ensure public and worker safety near a job site. Students will learn how to select and safely use personal protective equipment (PPE) and other protective devices such as elevating scaffolds and ladders, both when working at ground level and at heights. This course combines classroom theory with job site practice. -Paddle Mixer, Pull Down Saws, Wet Quick Cut Saws
    MASO1210 Masonry Theory 80 Hours - 5 Credits
    Description Students will gain an overview of the masonry trade and masonry applications on a construction site. Masonry related tools, equipment, materials and supplies will be discussed. Topics will include how to prepare and dismantle a site according to industry specifications, the procedures for building foundation walls and the preparation of masonry surfaces in accordance with required codes, specifications and regulations of the trade. Students will also learn techniques for interpreting architectural drawings and related documents and contracts.
    MASO1220 Masonry Practice 224 Hours - 8 Credits
    Description Students will learn how to handle tools, equipment, material and supplies and will install masonry materials such as masonry veneer, stone cladding, pavers and masonry accessories. They will also be required to interpret drawings for masonry projects and demonstrate the ability to estimate materials and supplies to accepted standards. Students will gain basic knowledge of masonry construction and how brick and stone masons integrate with the overall industry. Students will acclimatize a worksite to suit various weather conditions. They will demonstrate how to prepare masonry units for installation according to manufacturers' recommendations, contract documents and accepted trade practice and prepare stone for cutting by locating, selecting, measuring and marking stone and cutting it according to accepted trade practice. They will also learn to remove temporary masonry supports according to accepted trade practice. They will be able to demonstrate the use and maintenance of basic hand tools, power tools and measurement and layout tools according to manufacturer's, employer's direction and accepted trade practice. Students will also be able to select, prepare, and apply mortar under supervision according to CSA A179, building codes, manufacturer's instructions, building specifications and accepted work practice. They will demonstrate the ability to work with a trowel laying brick, stone and block and have a fundamental ability to work with various types of tile (terrazzo, ceramic, clay etc.)

MATH1230 Mathematics for the Trades 32 Hours - 2 Credits
    This course includes calculator use, whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages, integers, formula manipulations, ratio and proportion, metric measurement, geometry (2D & 3D) and basic trigonometry. Students will be required to use basic math and problem solving skills as they plan, prepare and build masonry units.
    Other Training, Licenses and Certifications
    Occupational Health and Safety
    <
    Course Number, Title, and Description
    WHMIS GHS / 2015 / and other versions Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
    Conestoga has online software for training employees who work with, or in proximity to, WHMIS-controlled products at the college. Occupational Safety Office staff normally contact new employees and employees who require annual refresher training to provide them with information on how to log into the software and complete the training WHMIS GHS @Conestoga College
    WHMIS 2015 @Delta Safety and Security @Confederation College @University of Waterloo and @St.Louis Adult Learning Centers

Certification Working at Heights (Valid October 18th 2017-October 18th 2020
    ACUTE’s Working at Height training program has been approved by the Chief Prevention Officer under the Ministry of Labour’s Working at Heights Training Program Standard and the Working at Heights Training Provider Standard. The ACUTE Working at Height training provides theory and hands on practical training and evaluation facilitated by highly skilled and competent instructors.
    The Working at Heights training is valid for three years from the date the worker completes an approved training program delivered by an approved training provider. There is a two-year transition period for workers who, prior to April 1, 2015, met the fall protection training requirements set out in subsection 26.2(1) of Ontario Regulation 213/91 – Construction Projects. These workers originally had until April 1, 2017 to complete an approved working at heights training program, however, this date has now been extended until Oct 1, 2017. Training program topics include: Ontario WAH legislation; hazards; safe work and rescue plans; heirarchy of controls; prevention and protection systems; ladder safety; A-B-C component selection; inspection; use harness and lanyard inspection and fitting, travel restraint, fall arrest set-up , 100% tie-off exercise and evaluation, anchors, scaffolds and elevating work platforms

Current First Aid Certification Standard First Aid Life Saving Society (July 15/16 2017)
    Standard First Aid provides comprehensive training covering all aspects of first aid and CPR. Standard First Aid incorporates all of Emergency First Aid and is designed for those who require a more in-depth understanding of first aid including: legal implications of first aid treatment, spinal injuries, heat or cold injuries, bone and joint injuries, chest injuries, and medical emergencies. Includes CPR-C certification. The first aid program is not restricted to aquatic candidates. You can use the Lifesaving Society's first aid awards to train non-aquatic staff (camp, playground, maintenance, etc.) and the general public.
    Current First Aid Certification CPR-C w/ AED Health Care Provider Life Saving Society
    CPR-HCP (Health Care Provider) covers all aspects of CPR skills and theory for adult, child and infant victims, including rescue breathing (artificial respiration) and the use of AEDs and bag-valve-masks (BVM). This HCP level is designed specifically for those who, as part of their job descriptions as Health Care Providers, have a duty to respond to medical emergencies (e.g., doctors, nurses, paramedics and allied health care professionals).
    Current First Aid Certification Airway Management Life Saving Society
    Airway Management certification provides senior and experienced lifeguards with specific knowledge and training in the use of oxygen, suction devices, oral airways and masks/bag-valve-masks.
    Previous First Aid Training Red Cross Standard First Aid with AED (Healthcare Provider) @Red Cross Thunder Bay
    Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
    Previous First Aid Training St. John’s Ambulance First Aid with CPR w/ AED
    Standard First Aid programs provide at least 13 hours of instruction time, normally delivered in a 2 day format. Certification meets the Canada Labour code and WSIB Standards for workplaces in the province of Ontario with more than 5 Employees. Standard First Aid is Available with all three levels of CPR. This course teaches CPR techniques to be used on adult casualties and is suited to workplaces/households that don’t include children.
    License Ontario Dual Class Security and Private Investigator Licensed
    Licensed to work in Security and Investigations in Ontario
    Delta Safety and Security Online Security Guard Training Course

This 40-hour course is certified by the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correction Services to provide everything you need to work as a security guard in Ontario. Course Curriculum: Section #1: Introduction to the Security Industry Section #2: Private Security and Investigative Services Act Section #3: Basic Security Procedures Section #4: Report Writing Section #5: Health and Safety Section #6: Emergency Response Preparation Section #7: Canadian Legal System Section #8: Legal Authorities Section #9: Effective Communication Section #10: Diversity in Canada Section #11: Use of Force Theory Section #12: First Aid Training

Lockhart Training private investigators training course

This course must be at least 50 hrs long and be given by a registered training provider. It is intended to prepare you for the mandatory provincial exam, and consists of 8 sections: Introduction to the private investigation industry The Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005 (PSISA) Provincial and federal statutes Criminal and civil law Investigative Techniques Principles of ethical reasoning and decision making Key principles of communications and interaction Self-management skill

Centre for Security Training and Management Defensive Tactics and Handcuffing Certification included Baton Use
    The Defensive Tactics and Handcuffing course is designed to teach students the theory and legal framework for using force as a Security Guard and how to apply a range of tactical options to enhance their own safety and others in the operational environment. Suggested Duration: In class: 8 hours The following topics will be covered: – Justification for Use of Force and the Legal Framework – Risk and Threat Analysis – Conflict Resolution and Negotiation – Empty Hand Defensive and Suspect Control Techniques – Handcuffing
    Tactical Handcuffing Intensive Training Seminar
    This seminar focused on resistive arrest handcuffing instructed by Mounir (Mike) Ghrawi. Mike has provided defensive tactic instruction to many different organizations including the Toronto Police Service, Edmonton Police Service, and Belgian Special Forces.
    Delta Safety and Security Use of Force Training Certificate
    One of the best ways to increase your qualifications within the security industry is by properly learning how to use a baton and handle physical altercations. This hands-on course will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to keep yourself safe in the security industry and includes instruction on handcuffing and defensive baton usage. Our instructor has been a security professional for over 20 years, and specializes in martial arts and self-defense. Printed certificates are offered to all students who complete this course through us. Course Curriculum: Criminal Code of Canada Use of Force Legalities Handcuff Training Baton Training Tactical Communication
    Outland Inc. SP100 Wildland Firefighting Course and WFX FIT
    The 40-hour course is intensely focused on safety and will prepare you to assume the role of an entry level forest fire crew member. You will be trained in the maintenance and operation of equipment, including the power pump, and in the proper use of suppression hand tools, communications equipment and camping gear. You will also learn about basic fire behaviour and fire terminology. This course included actual helicopter training inlcuding safe entry and cargo loading including by harness. By Ministry of Natural Resources approved instructors. WFX FIT National Standard Circuit time:11:03
    Canadian Non-Restricted Firearms Safety Walter Bent's Safety Courses
    Topics covered in the CFSC include: The evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions Basic firearms safety and ammunition practices Firearm action types and their operations Operating firearm actions Safe handling and carry procedures Firing techniques and procedures Care of non-restricted firearms Responsibilities of the firearms owner and user Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms
    Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Walter Bent's Safety Courses
    The evolution of non-restricted and restricted firearms, major parts, types and actions Basic restricted firearms and ammunition safety practices Restricted firearm action types and their operations Safe handling procedures Firing techniques and procedures Care of restricted firearms Responsibilities and legalities of the firearms owner Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms
    Accessible Customer Service course
    Since 1962, the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) has provided persons with disabilities with the right to access goods, services, employment, etc. without discrimination. The Code requires employers, service providers and landlords, for example, to accommodate persons with disabilities to the point of undue hardship. The Code has resulted in some progress towards breaking down accessibility barriers in Ontario. However, progress has occurred on a case-by-case, reactive basis. Full access remains limited as persons with disabilities still encounter many barriers that prevent equal access and participation. This course provides an overview of information for scenarios for integrating AODA solutions in an institutional setting. The modules were designed by Queen's University with input from all Ontario Universities and with support from the Council of Ontario Universities and the Ministry of Community and Social Services Enabling Change Grant.
    UWaterloo's Electrical Safety (Online Portion),
    UW policy specific electric safety training
    Various Training Krav Maga, generally though instructors trained through Krav Maga Worldwide
    Basic self defence training, predominantly for Krav Maga Level 1 self defence training.his entry level class is designed for all new Krav Maga students. The goal of the class is to teach the basics of self defense and fighting. Students will learn Krav Maga's fighting stance and movement, various punches, kicks from standing position as well as from on the ground, elbows and knees, and how to defend against punches, chokes, headlocks and wrist grabs. Students who train an average of two times per week should expect to complete the curriculum in four months before testing into KM Level 2. Overview Yellow Belt is the first stage in learning our Krav Maga curriculum. If you attend class at one of Krav Maga Worldwide's certified schools, you will start here at Yellow Belt, or "Level 1." The average training time for this level (assuming at least two training sessions per week) is four months. The curriculum at this level introduces basic strikes such as straight punches, elbows, front kicks, and knees - the meat and potatoes of a street fight. You'll also learn how to deal with common chokes and headlocks. In addition, the techniques here offer a clear representation of the principles of Krav Maga - ideas such as explosive movements, instinct-based responses, and simultaneous defense-and-counterattack. Material introduced at this level includes the following: Combatives Krav Maga defines "combatives" as the ballistic techniques used both in fighting and in self-defense. The bulk of these techniques involves punches, kicks, elbow strikes, and knees, but Krav Maga never excludes other combative actions such as biting and scratching. Think of combatives as tools to help you in a fight. They are an integral part of self-defense. Even if you're interested in Krav Maga only for self-defense and have no interest in fighting, you must learn basic combatives. While Krav Maga self-defense techniques address the danger, combative techniques are vital in order to eliminate subsequent threats. The combative techniques described here are designed to cause sufficient damage to the attacker in order to remove further threats, while keeping you relatively safe. Defenses and Self-Defense Krav Maga defines "self defense" in simpler terms: The attacker has commited himself to an attack, while you are unprepared, forcing you to respond to an immediate threat from a position of disadvantage. While such defenses as 360" Defense and Inside Defense could be put into the self-defense category when used as reflex reactions against a surprise punch, in general, the self-defense category covers defenses against chokes, bearhugs, headlocks and other holds. In more advanced phases of training, self-defense will include responses to knife and stick attacks as well as threats with a handgun. Several main criteria should be used to examine and understand any defense technique in Krav Maga. The technique should: Be based on natural instincts/reactions. Be simple and usable by people of different strengths and body sizes. Work from a position of disadvantage or poor state of readiness. Address the immediate danger. Include a simultaneous (or nearly simultaneous) counterattack to neutralize further attacks. Be comprehensive enough to cover a wide variety of scenarios. Soft Techniques At times, a less-damaging technique may be the appropriate response to a situation. Example of such situations include one person simply trying to delay another; a drunken but otherwise harmless acquaintance at a party; and a person holding onto a wrist and unaware of the defender's urgent need to move away. For these instances, "soft" techniques are designed to remove the defender from any potential danger without harming the other party. These techniques are to be used only if you feel no real threat. If you feel you are in danger, "harder" techniques (especially combatives) should be used. Groundfighting Krav Maga assumes that, even if the attacker does not try to take you down, you may slip and find yourself down while the attacker is up. This section introduces basic groundfighting positioning and movement. Among the techniques are three basic kicks from the ground: front kick, round kick, and side kick. This overview courtesy of the book Complete Krav Maga. Curriculum COMBATIVES Stances Passive Neutral Stance Passive Natural Stance Passive Tactical Stance Fighting Stance Moving in Fighting Stance Straight Strikes Straight Punch - Lead Hand (Jab) Straight Punch - Rear Hand (Cross) Straight Punch with Advance Straight Punch with Retreat Straight Punch to the Body Palm Heel Striking (2 Variations) Eye Strike Punch Defenses 360 Degree Defenses (Outside Defenses) Inside Defense against Straight Punch Inside Defense against Straight Punch Low Inside Defense and 360 Degree Defenses against Punches Chop Strikes Inside Chop Strike Outside Chop Strike Hammerfists Hammerfist to the Side Hammerfist to the Back Forward Hammerfist Downward Hammerfist Elbow Strikes Horizontal High Elbow Strike (Elbow #1) Sideways Elbow Strike (Elbow #2) Horizontal Elbow Strike Backward (Elbow #3) Vertical Elbow Strike Backward Low (Elbow #4) Vertical Elbow Strike Backward (Elbow #5) Vertical Elbow Strike Forward and Upward (Elbow #6) Vertical Elbow Strike Forward and Down (Elbow #7) Knees and Kicks Front Kick to the Groin Front Kick with the Ball of the Foot Round Kick Knee Strike Round Knee Strike Kick/Hand Strike Combinations Front Kick/Hammerfist Combination Front Kick/Straight Punch Combination SELF-DEFENSE Choke Defenses (Plucking Defenses) Choke from the Front (Two-Handed Pluck) Choke from the Front (One-Handed Pluck) Choke from Behind Choke from the Side Choke with a Push Defenses (Rotational Defenses) Choke from the Front with a Push Choke from Behind with a Push Headlock Defenses Headlock from the Side Headlock from Behind (Bar Arm) Headlock from Behind (Carotid Choke) Headlock from Behind (Rear Naked Choke) Takedown Defenses Basic Tackle Defense (Double Neck Tie Clinch) Basic Tackle Defense (Knee Clinch on the Side) Wrist Grab Releases Wrist Release: Same Side Hand - (Elbow to Elbow) Wrist Release: Opposite Hand (Hitchhike Out) Wrist Release: Two Hands Held Down from the Front (Circle Up) Wrist Release: Two Hands Held High from the Front (Circle Down) Wrist Release: One Wrist Held by Two Hands - Low (2 Variations) Wrist Release: One Wrist Held by Two Hands - High Wrist Release: One Wrist Held from the Side (4 Variations) Arm Pull Defenses Arm Pull from the Front Arm Pull from the Side Arm Pull from Behind GROUNDFIGHTING Positions and Movement Back Position Back Position: Movement on the Ground Side Position: Movement on the Ground Kicks from the Ground Front Kick from the Ground Round Kick from the Ground Side Kick from the Ground Getting Up Getting Up with Two Hands (For Beginners) Getting Up with One Hand (For More Advanced Students) Getting Up: Transition Kick Gun and Knife Defences
    SmartServe Ontario
    The Smart Serve Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service Training Program is approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) as a server training program for the Ontario hospitality industry.
    Traincan Basics Food Handler
    BASICS.fst™ is a new product created to teach front-line staff the building blocks of food safety. This revolutionary product also explains the reasons behind the practices of safe food handling. BASICS.fst is designed for individual study or part-time or full-time group study
    SCUBA VIA PADI Rescue Diver with EANX and Deep Diving
    PADI Open Water SCUBA Certification
    PADI Advanced Open Water
    PADI Rescue Diver
    NAUI Deep Diver
    NAUI EANX
    Industry Canada Certificaiton Advanced Amatuer Radio Operators Certificate, and Restricted Operators Certificate - Maratime
    VE3 ETB some concepts include Advanced Theory 1-1 time constant – capacitive and inductive 1-2 electrostatic and electromagnetic fields, skin effect 1-2 series-resonance 1-4 parallel resonance 1-5 quality factor (Q) 2. Advanced Components and Circuits 2-1 germanium, silicon, gallium arsenide, doping, P-type, N-type 2-2 diodes – point-contact, junction, hot-carrier, Zener, etc. 2-3 transistors – NPN/PNP 2-4 field effect transistor (FET), JFET, MOSFET 2-5 silicon controlled rectifier (SCR) 2-6 amplifiers – classes A, AB, B and C 2-7 amplifier circuits – discrete and IC 2-8 operational amplifiers, properties and applications 2-9 mixers, frequency multipliers 2-10 digital logic elements 2-11 quartz crystal – properties and applications 2-12 advanced filter circuits – AF, RF 3. Measurements 3-1 AC – peak, peak-to-peak, average, RMS 3-2 PEP, PEP relative to average power, PEP relative to voltage across load 3-3 dip meter, signal generator 3-4 crystal calibrator, marking generator, frequency counter 3-5 oscilloscope 3-6 meters, multimeter, power meter 4. Power Supplies 4-1 transformer and rectifier circuits, voltage doubler circuit, PIPs 4-2 filter circuits, bleeder resistor functions 4-3 linear and switching voltage regulator circuitss 4-4 regulated power supplies Transmitters, Modulation and Processings 5. Transmitters 5-1 oscillator circuits, phase locked loop (PLL)s 5-2 RF power amplifierss 5-3 transmitters, neutralisations 5-4 AM, single sideband, linearity, two-tone tests 5-5 FM deviation, modulation index, deviation ratio, deviation meters 5-6 FM transmitter, repeater circuitss 5-7 signal processing – AF, IF, and RFs 5-8 codes and protocols, Baudot, ASCII, parity, CRC, X.25, ISO layerss 5-9 spread spectrum – frequency hopping, direct sequences 6. Receivers 6-1 single, double conversion superheterodyne architectures 6-2 oscillators, mixers, tunings 6-3 RF, IF amplifiers, selectivitys 6-4 detection, audio, automatic gain controls 6-5 performance limitations – instability, image, spurious, etc.s 7. Feedlines – Matching and Antenna Systems 7-1 antenna tuner/transmatch, impedance matching circuitss 7-2 velocity factor, effect of line terminated in non-characteristic impedances 7-3 antenna feed arrangements – tee, gamma, stubs 7-4 current and voltage distribution on antennas 7-5 polarization, helical beam, parabolic antennass 7-6 losses in real antenna systems, effective radiated powers 7-7 ground and elevation effects, vertical radiation (take off) angles 7-8 radiation resistance, antenna efficiency, beamwidths 7-9 waveguide, microstrip lines
    DRIVING LICENSE AND TRAINING G Class Licensed M2 Class - Cars, Vans, Motorcyles etc..

Onroad Driver Training - Training Experts in Ministry\MTO approved BDE Course Provider Driver’s educational course can be successfully completed with the help of professional instructors. Driver Education Program should be planned in such a way that each and every student gets benefit from the course. Students who have completed age sixteen can learn driving from the training experts. All the instructors of “On road Driving School” are graduates in “Driver Instructor Program” from renowned colleges. The Ontario Ministry of Transportation and Ministry\MTO approved BDE Course Provider their driving lessons. All kinds of requirements regarding licensing and permitting is done by a Professional Driving School in Canada called On Road Driving School. Driving classes are taken by instructors who have several years of expertise in this field. Flexible class timings from early morning till evening are also an added benefit to join this driving school. Driver Academy Services of the instructors make them to design the driving lessons that suits people of any age and make them to improve their driving skills and knowledge. Driving lessons are taught in cars with dual mirrors and twin brake pedals to ensure the safety of the students. Safety certified and fully insured cars are only used to take driving lessons. This Ministry\MTO approved BDE Course Provider has a record of success of teaching students to be responsible and law abiding citizens. Drink and drive cause many accidents so we must take an oath to follow the traffic rules. The consequences faced when the rules are not followed will also be taught by them. Training for obtaining a heavy vehicle license is done by them. The educational program is for total 40 hours with 20 hours in theory and classroom lessons and 10 hours of in car driving private instruction and 10 hours of extensible home link works.

KW DRIVING ACADEMY1 Becoming a Safe and Responsible Driver The Benefits of a Driver Education Course Graduated licensing and demerit points system Avoiding collisions, safe and responsible driving habits (introductory). 2 - 3 - 4 Traffic Laws: Creation and enforcement. The Consequences of Braking Traffic Laws 5 Getting To Know Your Car before you drive Operation Devices and Features Control / Visibility / Communication/ Information Protection Devices and Features (Safety, Comfort, Security) Checks to Make Before Starting Your Car Inside / Outside Checks and Adjustments Planning For Everyday Driving Time of Day / Route Planning 6 Natural Forces in Driving: Laws of Nature Momentum / Traction 7 Maneuvering Your Car Starting a Cold Engine in Cold Weather kw driving school Starting a Flooded Engine Moving an Automatic Transmission Car Moving a Manual Transmission Car Starting the Car on a Hill Using Your Eyes while Driving Along Steering Straight Ahead Accelerating / Maintaining Speed / Slowing Down / Stopping Changing Direction: Backing Turning a Corner & Turning Around Angle Parking Perpendicular and Parallel Parking Parking on a Hill 8 Driving Strategically: Acquiring effective seeing habits Maintaining space Communicating effectively with other road users Avoiding collisions 9 Driving in The City Moving in and Out of Traffic Entering Traffic / Changing Lanes / Leaving Lanes Types of Intersections/ Turning at Intersections Special City Driving Conditions Vehicles and Special Areas 10 Driving on Highways and Country Roads Avoiding collisions, safe and responsible driving habits (intermediary) Highways and Country Roads Highways Maneuvers / Passing/ Steering on Highway Curves Driving onto the Shoulder Conditions on Country Roads Road Surfaces / Other Road Users/ Special Obstacles Dangers of Rural Driving Traffic Fatalities / Preventing Head-On-Collisions Taking a Long Trip/ Preparing for the Journey 11 Driving On the Freeway (Expressways) Characteristics of Freeways Entering a Freeway How to Handle Entrance Problems Driving Along on a Freeway Dangers associated with high-speed driving Emergency maneuvers Avoiding head-on collisions Emergency braking, swerving, and rear crash avoidance How to pass safely Strategic Driving / High-Speed Driving Exiting From a Freeway How to Handle Exit Problems 12 Driving at Night and In Bad Weather kw dirving school kitchener Headlights, night Driving Maneuvers Survival tactics for driving at night Rain and winter driving, and avoiding skids Testing for Traction / Skidding Adapting to Poor Driving Conditions Hydroplaning / Driving through Deep Water Driving In Fog / Driving in High Winds Driving in Winter Weather Reduced Traction/ How to get moving/ Driving Along Driving on very Slippery Roads 13 Reducing Collisions & Injuries Collision Avoidance / Making Quick Decisions Collisions / Force of Impact / The Human Collision & Safety Belts What to Do at the Scene of a Collision? 14 Impairments/Drinking and Driving What Alcohol does to you? Blood and Alcohol Concentration Alcohol and the Law How to Avoid Becoming Impaired Dealing with Impaired Drivers Other Physical Impairments Other Drugs and Fatigue Health Conditions & Distractions Emotional Impairment The Consequences of Traffic Accidents 15 Taking care of yourself and your vehicle Basic preventative vehicle maintenance Keeping eyes on: Tires and Battery How to reduce fuel consumption and wear on your vehicle 16 Mechanical Failures when the car is moving Survival tactics for loss of control Survival tactics loss of power Survival tactics loss of visibility 17 Emergency situations Safe driving habits (advanced) Common collision scenarios Handling some common but dangerous situations Dealing with emergency vehicles What to do at the scene of a crash 18 Risk perception and Defensive driving techniques Recognizing high-risk situations Becoming proactive The effect of attitude, expectations, and beliefs on driving Vision and perception Improving your seeing habits 19 Driving responsibly Seat belts, air bags, head restraints and child restraints Traffic psychology - attitude can save lives The licensing process (points, probation, graduated licensing) 20 Preparing for your driving test — some hints from our expert instructors 21 Buying a vehicle 22 Auto insurance 23, 24 Review 25 Evaluation In the car - 10 hours During in-car lessons, students learn and practice: Braking, steering, hand-over-hand, and backing exercises Keeping the vehicle in control How to drive smoothly Right and left turns Where to look When and how much to brake When to begin steering and how much to steer When and how to recover Collision avoidance techniques How to keep the vehicle straight How to respond to what is seen How to establish and maintain a safe following distance Where to look to predict potential collisions How to enter intersections safely Blind spot checks Proactive driving habits How to maintain an escape route in traffic How to control traffic behind to eliminate the risk of a rear-end collision When and how to use the S-approach How to search for, spot, and solve hazards Freeway/highway driving How to enter and exit a freeway and/or highway How to make proper lane changes How to pass on secondary highways Gravel shoulder recovery Head-on collision avoidance Emergency maneuvers How to stop during brake failure How to escape a rear-crash Controlled swerving Emergency braking (threshold and ABS) Driving evaluations Competency evaluation Simulated road test
    Setting the Course - Motorcycle Safety Course (including M2 component) @Rider Training Institute / Approved by Ministry of Transport Ontario

The “Riding Basics” training program is comprised of 3 hours in class theory as well as 15 hours of practical training on our bikes. We offer a variety of styles to choose from including sportbike, standard and cruiser style bikes.

Language Training
    Activity, and Description Date
    Explore French Immersion

I had the chance to take part in Explore in 2007, 2008 and 2016. I can understand some French via Explore
    2016 University of Quebec at Chicoutimi (Summer)

2008 University of Alberta /Campus St Jean at La Pocatiere 2008 ( Summer)
    Council of Ministers of Education Canada Fiable Intermediare

2007 College Boreal / Canadore 2007 (Spring)

French as a Second Language – Beginner I
    French as a Second Language – Beginner II
    French as a Second Language – Beginner III

TESOL / TEFL / CTYL Teaching English
    February - August 2009 ITTT 100 Hour TESOL Certification (Grade: A) IATQUO accredited program. The course focused on ESA method, and worked through 20 units of study, with graded assignments for each unit.

August 2009 – February 2010 ITTT - Certificate for Teaching Young Learners (Grade: A ~ 100%) This course was graded via a final exam. The course focused on EP and ESA, via the communicative method.

September - October 2009 ITTO International Teacher Training Organization TEFL Diploma Guadalajara, Mexico 4 week 140 hours intensive TEFL course with 10 hours observed teaching practice on groups of different ability, including one to one teaching. ( Grade: A, Graduated with Distinction - Highest Honour) Course focused on Communicative Approach - Secretaría de Educación Pública, Jalisco, Mexico

Other Courses and Training Various Other

Fur Harvest, Fur Management and Conservation Course

Barbizon Modeling of Toronto (Acting and Modeling Program) - Start Date: July 2014

Certified Professional Hypnotist, by Bill O’Connell Certified Instructor

Stone Reiki Master @Mystical Grandmothers Florida

Ordained Minister Hon. Religious D.D. / Rev. @Universal Life Church. This included training for conducting weddings and other ceremonies.

Corel Office @St. Louis Adult Learning Centres

British Archeology Program @ Bader Internal Study Center

UW Literacy Placement Test Pre-departure Training for Internationally Outbound Students
    My future plans
    Current to 2017: Complete Brick and Stone program. Between January 2018 and August 2018, complte the Construction Trades program at Conestoga. I will be sending out applications for Fall 2018 over this period. I am pursueing the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum MSc in Building Conservation 2018-2020 cycle. In abence of gaining admission to that program, there are a variety of altrnate programs I also intend to apply for. Beyond this I am not sure what the future holds however, I still pursue teaching, in coastal Mexico, as a profession if studies go well as late as 2026. My first steps to this goal was obtaining a TESOL and TEFL Certification to teach overseas. I will likely continue to pursue a graduate program, however, at this point there is no telling if this will be in the Caribbean, Europe, or somewhere in Canad. I am also interested in continuing an electrical engineering program, as I still hope to run a small radio station in the middle of no-where, ex. Northern Ontario. At the very least I am eager to retire in Mexico in the Q. Roo area after I finish studies. I will continue to work towards that goal through studies and maturing. In the mid term I will continue focusing on furthering my knowledge of buildings.

My study focus is examination of culture through time, from an historical perspective; particularly, anything before the Modern Era; as well as, through a semiotic phenomenological lens. I see the study of culture as a process of growth and survival from nature, or at least cohesion with nature that facilitates development of fundamental life-skills.

Since enrolling a handful of years ago my speciality interest has been 'routes of the alpha', a discovery of prehistoric society's transition to 'civilization' in all its complexities or more specifically how did humans get to here? My frame of mind tows a concept in that by looking at the past from today we can see today through the eyes of the past and that so enables a fuller more faceted worldview.

I have other interests such as occult knowledge, mysticism etc.. and music, particularly electronic music. When on campus, when I can, I enjoy Belegarth Medieval Combat, Krav Maga, Swimming,anything space related, amongst other activities. I have in the past lightly engaged in English tutoring. Periodically I had also volunteered at the campus/community radio station. I am a hobbiest Prepper and Survivalist (still alive). I also have had a long running goal of devoting time to programming and electronics, particularly communication sciences, this is not progressing as fast as I would like.

I take things one term at a time

Research Interest: Amerindian Survival Culture, Roots of the Alpha/Settlement and Emergence, Linguistics, Sound, Language Acquisition, Cultural Transmission, Parliamentary Procedure, General World History/Culture, Naturalism/Permaculture, Indo-European Languages, Pedagogy, Local History of Northern Ontario, Pre-Modern Craft and Construction.

Where I have seen this going is "survival skills" and conditions of survival for individuals, society and humanity.

Current and Past Club and Organization Involvement:

Conestoga College Trades and Apprenticeship Department Assistant September 2017 to Current
    Wax Nightclub In-House Security September 2016 to Current
    WRCI (Supplies Fall 2007 2008 Winter DM North, Interim DM North/South, “technically” DC Kershaw Spring 2008, Social B-Div)

UW English Tutors / International Students Office (Tutor)

CKMS RADIO WATERLOO SOUND FM (Director / Corporate Secretary / Radio Host / Volunteer)

September 2007 periodically to 2013
    UW SPACE SOCIETY (very light participation in club activities such as UW Rocketry and events)

UW History Society (2016 Co-Pro Communications Exec Assistant)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice