So...Will it be busy??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ShaunUKefc, May 1, 2009.

1. ShaunUKefc

ShaunUKefc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I understand there is another topic for Swine Flu but I think its more relevant asking this question in a new topic as there is no answers in the other topic.

My friends and I have a vacation booked for Cancun on 30 June - 14 July 2009. Right now we are unable to get any money back from our travel agents and all flights from the UK have been cancelled until May 6.

Now, if are able to fly to Cancun on 30 June what can we expect? Is Cancun still going to be the busy party place that we have been told about, or are there going to be a load of people scared to go and either cancelling their holidays or not not booking at all.

Basically, do you think by the end of June Cancun is still going to be full of Brits and Americans?

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think it's too early to make that assessment.

While the latest updates and projections are less than dire for the foreseeable future, it's very hard to predict the effect of negative media and word of mouth in the short and/or long term.

Cancun is incredibly resilient. My first trip to Cancun was 5 months after Hurricane Wilma hit. You could see the effects, but that sure as hell didn't stop the recovery or the party.

Stay positive, you'll still have a great time.

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The media has been slaughtering Cancun's tourism with constant misreporting, fear mongering, and outright attacks for some time now, the swine flu being just the latest example.

There are certain to be tourists here, as there always are, but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were lower than in years past, as unfortunately, many people believe everything they see on the "news" to be true, and will assume that Cancun, and Mexico in general, are disaster areas. Nothing could be further from the truth of'course, but when was the last time any major "news" outlet cared about being accurate in their reporting or the affects that sensationalizing can have on people and business?

From what I can tell, the only things happening in the States are; incompetent parents with freakishly large births (Octomom), women constantly killing little girls (Casey Anthony and that Sunday school teacher), and who Michelle Obama is wearing.....

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It will be hot here then! We can tell you that with confidence.

You should relax and not worry about your vacation, it's way too early to predict what things will be like then.

5. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    flu

like I said in another post, by then, we'll probably be hit by a plague of locusts. What's next??!!

6. michele64119

michele64119 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    a plaue of locust.... :lol: that was pretty funny...

You know I have been looking at alot of sites that have forums about cancun and it seems people express concerns but not many are cx their trips.. I for one am sooooooo looking forward my trip in July.
    To tell you the truth.. I am fine with it not being jam packed with other tourists.. be more room for me to just sprall out and have some fun........lol............ :lol: :cool:

7. Wisconsinlady

Wisconsinlady Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are booked for July 4-11 and still planning to go. My girlfriends and I went in November, one month after the hurricane...nothing will stop us. Being sensible is the key to anything. It makes us sad to hear all of the bad rap Cancun is getting via the media. Understandably, people get nervous and scare but if they would stop and take a moment to really think, they'd realize that in the US each year there are 'how many thousands' of people that unfortunately die of the flu and no matter where a person goes, there will always be crime and illegal stuff going on. Unfortunately, this is life. Again, people need to think, have an open mind and be thankful that they are on 'VACATION' in a fun and beautiful country, enjoy the awesome people and have FUN FUN FUN!!!

8. ShaunUKefc

ShaunUKefc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool, thank you. Yes the Media I think have blown it out of proportian to be honest, as they do with everything!!

Where are you staying?

9. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, Susan....didn't that already happen in Cancun? I could have sworn I remember reading about locusts in Cancun! Maybe a few months ago?

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Twice since I've been here we've had tons of locusts come through. Once was much worse than the other time. They are so icky, especially when they hit your windshield at 80 MPH...gross!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice