So what can I expect????

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by pjscardz, Feb 10, 2009.

1. pjscardz

pjscardz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's been 19 years since We've been to Cancun and we are heading back July 3 - 9. The last time we were there it was not long after a major hurricane and most of the beaches were wiped out. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana resort & villas. It was a big pink resort about 1/2 mile south of the traffic circle. All the action was near the circle where the mall was and the Hard Rock Cafe.

I remember a place called Mother of Tarzan but can't remember the other clubs. I sucked down my fair share of tequilla that's for sure. Looking forward to doing some more ;-)

Everything was cheap back then. Yard tall beer for $.50 and Margarita $1.00. Day trip to Tulum and Xel-Ha was $30 per person. We didn't go to Chichen Itza but plan to this time around. There was a market downtown where we got our souveniers from. We brought a few things with us from the US that the locals couldn't get at the time. It was better than having cash on us...

So now that the college crowd has turned Cancun into it's anual party site, what are things like down there?

It seems there are a lot more tourist traps like Planet Hollywood, Carlos & Charlies, Senor frogs etc... I assume these guys are charging an arm & a leg for drinks just like at their other caribbean locations.

We're going to go to Isle Mujeres for a daytrip. When we were in Cancun before there was a party ship that would go out there. Is it still around?

I know you should take a tour group to Chichen Itza but what about Tulum and Xel-Ha? Would we be better off going it ourselves? The tour packages seem awful expensive now.

For example we took a full day 7:00am to 6:00pm full circle island tour in Tahaa (Tahitian islands) that cost us less than $100 each that included tours of a black pearl farm, vanilla plantation, lagooarium, coral gardens (snorkel) and snorkeling at a private island. An inredible BBQ lunch was included.

Yet I see Tulum and Xel-Ha would cost over $100 each and from what I remember it wouldn't be worth the $$$. Any ideas would be appreciated.

We're going to stay at the new NH Krystal Club Cancun Resort. We have an AI booking for $1048.00 for 6 nights. It seems to be a great deal even though I'm not a huge AI fan. I like to go to different places to eat when I travel but for the price I couldn't pass it up. It looks to be near the Intercontinental, so I love the location and every room has an ocean view.

Overall we are very excited to be going back! It's been on the list but it seems like every time we try to do it another destination pops up and Cancun ends up on the "maybe next year" list...

2. sharibaby67

sharibaby67 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a catamaran that runs to Isla Majures, its called the Sea Passion. You go snorkeling and they take you to a beach ( drinks and food). Its a blast, beer and drinks are flowing the whole time. They don't give you a lot of time to explore the island though. From 9-6pm, cost is $75. Ask the concierge at your hotel.

Otherwise you might want to take a ferry and then rent a golf cart..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice