So what can everyone tell me about New Orleans?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Ryan, May 10, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im being sent there on monday for 2 weeks, then home for a week, then down for another 2 weeks. I have a feeling things are going to get crazy....

Places to go? people to see? anyone from down there?

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have a friend that just returned from doing work for katrina, its still REALLy nasty and bad in most of the city and surounding around, however, where they have mardi gras and all that is pretty much good and stuff. Just what I heard

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you stay in the French Quarter you'll be okay but like Jason said many of the surround areas are still in bad shape..many still without running water or power.

Hang out on Bourbon Street, go to Preservation Hall to hear great Jazz, hit up Cafe Du Monde for chicory coffee and biengets, try a Hurricane at Pat O'Briens, eat some Cajun/Creole food, check out the French Market, try a muffaletta sandwich from the Central Grocery, have a Po Boy from one of the many places thatserve them, visit the Acme Oyster Company for a great time and great oysters, go to the Tropical Isle for a few Hand Grenades, take the St Charles streetcar through the Garden District....just a few of my favorite things to do in Nawlins.

4. Ryan

Ryan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow, thanks for all the ideas. I do have 2 weekends and 4 weeks so maybe i could hit all of thoes places.

5. Angie

Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going in August ~ so bring back lots of stories. I've never been. We (there are about 25+ of us going) are staying in the french quarter. Hand grenades are a MUST I heard :beerdrink:

6. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    And I am part of that 25+ group. I cannot wait. Tell us all about it.

7. CancunChica

CancunChica Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm part of that group too. And it's up to 34 people. :shock: :p Some of us went last year too, and had SUCH a great time! Bourbon Street is fun day and night, lots of bars and clubs to go to.

8. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of my places to hit soon as im old enough :roll: :lol: Let me know how it gos . Sad news about the place still being in bits further out of the city

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I have lots of more suggestions if you're interested.

10. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its fun!!! and totally eat some beignet's mmmmm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice