So I have made my decision about Spring Break 09.........

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Oct 6, 2008.

1. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    And, after a lot of thinking..... I am turning in My Spring Break King card...... I am retiring from Spring Break :? :cry: A sad day, yes, it truely is! I have been to cancun over 5 times, had the best times of my life down there, but at least for this year, I am done! I will be going to London in march to spend a week with Shauny and the guys out there. I have never been to england and I just feel there are far too many other places I need to visit and see. Will I be back to cancun again, hell yes, but likely not for a spring break. I will still be around here, but you will not see me in cancun this march 09! Happy trails to you all, I hope you all have a toast to me! :cool: With that said........ ENGLAND!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I hear ya Jason...I myself wanna hit up Ireland...Hard to pass ont he sunny sand of Cancun but I guess there are some more places to see in this world aren't they??

3. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    For sure, I have 2 weeks vacation each year, and I usually use 1 full week for a nice vacation, then I break up my other week and take long weekend trips! So yes, I will certainly miss the warm weather and sandy beaches of cancun! England is cold in march/april when I am going but, the experience will be amazing!!

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Only 2 weeks?? wow

5. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    two weeks? :-o

i am thankful for the 4 i have, which is kinda lacking...

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YEah I was going to say..

I got 4 this year too

7. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Must be nice to get 4! We have a LOT of holidays off, including an entire week for xmas, but, 2 weeks is fine by me right now! I have 10 sick/personal days also which I can use in addition with my vacation so it works out!

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah we got the holidays too.

I guess maybe you are still new at your job, most poeple get 2 weeks in the first coouple years with their company..Pretty stanard

9. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ya, I have only been here 2 years.......so I think after 4 or 5 years it jumps up a lot more. But, I will be leaving here after I finish my Masters next year. Moving to chicago!!

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh yeah than for two years 2 weeks seems right..

IF ONLY we were like the Brits who get a LOT more...like 4-6 weeks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice