So friggin hot

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by T.J., Aug 17, 2008.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I lived in a place with winter I couldn't read mountaineering books when it was cold or I would get sympathetic frostbite.

But in Cancun I could read mountaineering books all year...if only I could get them...

2. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    until this week it has been around 104-106 here in Texas. The humidity so high it hurts. you walk out of the house at seven in the morning and your glasses fog up. . .it's stupid. We finally are getting some rain and relief but some areas are flooding out west of here.

I was in Denver for the first three days of this week and it was beautiful. . .in the low low sixties every morning and around 72 or 74 every day. My company is talking to me about moving to Greeley and I might take them up on it. . .I want to know what it's like to live somewhere with four seasons instead of two.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I lived in Boulder for 13 years. I don't much care for Greeley myself (I don't like the plains) but Colorado has great weather. The big thing there is the temperature spread. You can have it be 40 degrees over night and 80 degrees during the day, so you start out needing the heat on and by mid-day you have the a/c on. I always carried a coat and a change of clothes in the car. Springtime there is the best!

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not hot in Florida - Just stinking wet

Well, I started this thread about heat, but it ain't hot in Florida.

Since the infamous Hurricane Fay never materialized as as hurricane, she has parked herself off the Atlantic coast, then wandered back and forth, which I cannot remember a storm ever doing before.

We have had 3 days of non-stop rain, wind and flooding. Even 3 or 4 deaths from drownings. And I am sure some of you have seen the video of the stupid guy who was kite surfing the other day.

[media=youtube]5XznPKljdBs[/media]

Driving is ok but there have been lots of accidents and street flooding.

Can't wait to be back home on Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While Florida drowns we dry up like a leaf and blow away.

I noticed in the Parque Kabah this morning that all the plants are suffering from lack of water. Everything is drying up and withering. The aguada is really low. The mosquitoes have done us all a favor and gone and died rather than put up with this desert that is Cancun.

I'm not wishing for a lingering water-laden tropical storm...but a little rain would be good. Just a good soaking shower. It's not too much to ask.

6. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kim, :evil: , you are calling the hells on us! You could be more than fullfilled in a week or so. Look at 94L! It could become
    Gustav. What a nice name for a guy that can prevent me to go to France!

Still too early to know where he will be willing to hit, but the computer models show him this way.

7. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just LOVE getting in my car in the middle of the day, es un orno :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice