So, are you worried about getting bumped?

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by busymomof3, Mar 8, 2011.

1. ginag

ginag Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, I did see that..thanks! we leave next Friday..I think "peak" spring break is this coming week..so, we will see! fingers crossed!

2. StaceyJerseyShoreGirl

StaceyJerseyShoreGirl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    why do you want a room next to the elevator???

3. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its easier for me to crawl to! .....YEAP! thats how much i drink and how much i rock it out! just ask hallie! lol :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

4. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    agree with the others. As soon as you pull in the driveway the guys RUSH out, help get your bags out and put them against the wall. He then takes you down two steps near the lobby bar and will get you the "welcome drinks" which are delicious but taste like they are alcohol free. Then they come and ask for your names, brief you about the hotel, get your passport SOMETIMES or definitely at least a major credit card. Check in usually takes at least 30 minutes. sometimes longer... no joke. They will ask if you want to do a timeshare and just listen to what they have to offer. just kindly decline. We always land around 11am and we get our bracelet within the first 30 minutes of arriving,.... but we usually have to leave our bags against the wall and go eat at paradise buffet and go to the pool. No worries as they let you get to your belongings if you need to.... but the rooms usually aren't ready til 3. One time it wasn't ready til 4! Sometimes tipping works, sometimes it doesn't do anything! :(

Sounds like a nightmare but once you get checked in and settled in your room, it is a breeze from there on out and a BLAST!

hahahaha this kid isn't lying! :aktion031:

5. busymomof3

busymomof3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you pass on the number that you used to call and confirm your reservation......We leave next Sunday and I want to call too to make sure they have our room at the GOLDEN.
    Thanks

6. pablo

pablo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    room next to the elevator

Trust me you dont want the room by the elevator on the lobby level. we lived it for a week.Thank god we are drinkers cause most nights we were partying till late but not only do you hear the elevator all night but also the transfer pump outside in the parking lot goes 24 - 7. J ust drink ur way thru it.

7. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    never been a problem since im always the last person to be roaming around GP every night of my stay lol

8. Ishouldbeatthebeach

Ishouldbeatthebeach Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    check back and let us know how it goes...most of all, ENJOY!!! No trip there is ever long enough...

9. ginag

ginag Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey all..ok, so the number is 1-800-233-5162 and I spoke with (what sounds like) Marteen...she is very nice and helpful. I called today just hoping we might get a room # since we are less than a week out..she could not give the #..but did say we are Confirmed at the GOLDEN OCEANVIEW and went on to say we are "committed" to your stay for those nights.. I asked again specifically, "are we in any danger of being bumped to the GREAT?"..she said NO...I am feeling better and starting to zen out just knowing it is so close :))

10. busymomof3

busymomof3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great, thanks for the number! I will be calling this week since we will arrive in Cancun around 10:35 am on Sunday! Can't Wait! I am sooooooooooo excited! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice