Snorkeling with facial hair

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by MOTTSI, Feb 20, 2007.

1. MOTTSI

MOTTSI Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a goatee and was wondering if this is going to be a problem for me when I go snorkeling. I don't really want to shave it off (I have had it for about 16 years now and have grown quite attached). Is there another alternative to me shaving?

Thanks for your help.

Mottsi

2. Dive Pro

Dive Pro Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey Mottsi, get vaseline and apply it before your snorkel dive, this will help your hair seal with the mask, but be prepared cause sometimes even with this, you will get a little water inside the mask. but vaseline is the best there is. please go into www.mantadivers.com to set you up for snorkeling and why not take the plunge and take our resort course for beginner divers, if you are not certified, we can get you snorkeling on a snorkeling tour, or on the jungle tour where you drive a speed boat through the mangrove channels and go snorkeling.
    hope this info was good for you.

3. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mottsi, Miguel is right. I have had quite a collection of facial hair over the years and have rarely had an issue while diving. Don't worry, you should be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice