snorkeling update december 2007

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by robbyxoxo, Dec 24, 2007.

1. robbyxoxo

robbyxoxo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Recently returned from another month stay in cancun/pdc. I was able to return to the reef area behind club med to see how it looked 2 years after the beach project. Wasnt a pretty scene for the most part. Even with somewhat calm conditions, the water clarity was really poor. Nothing at all like it was prior to the beach project. I was able to have a conversation with a life guard there that I recognized from 2 years ago and he pretty much confirmed how that the beach project seriously screwed up the snorkeling scene there. The ocean needs to be really calm in order for the sand to all settle and for the clarity to be decent. In the old days you could go out there with strong waves and still have great clarity.
    I was lucky enough to catch a couple of really calm days where I was able to see well enough to get out to the deep side of the reef. The deep side is still spectacular if you can catch it when ocean is calm. Still beautiful reef to see and tons of fish. The reef area right behind club med is the best, but going south towards the jungle tour snorkeling area is also good. Best to keep on the deep side of the reef even in the jungle tour area.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice